Jul

In order to provide the best possible service to our customers, and to the CCIE community as a whole, we have implemented a new combination web forum / mailing list server as a free service. Internetwork Expert’s Online Community (http://www.IEOC.com) officially replaces our previous Discussion Forum as a place where you can discuss both general CCIE topics for all tracks as well as Internetwork Expert specific products.

IEOC allows you to create new posts and reply to other posts like a normal web forum, but you can also read and submit posts via email! For example if you email ccie-rs@ieoc.com your message will be sent out to all users subscribed to the “CCIE Routing & Switching Technical” email feed, plus posted on the web forum as viewable and searchable content. Personally this is my favorite feature of the new server, as I dread checking web forums daily, but I am completely obsessed with checking my email every five minutes. ;)

Also keep in mind that this new service is not designed to be just for product specific support. All users, customers and guests alike, are welcome to join and participate. Simply visit http://www.IEOC.com, sign up for an account with a valid email address, then click on the Forum Subscriptions link from the main page. Forums are organized per topic basis for CCIE tracks, and per product basis for IE specific support. On this page you’ll see the unique email address that is used to post or reply to that forum, and a yes/no selection under Subscribe to add yourself to the email feed.

All CCIE tracks are also broken down into separate “General” and “Technical” forums, so if you want to spend endless hours debating the merits of CCIE vs. PhD, please feel free to do so in the “General” forum. :)

A good starting place for most candidates would be the CCIE Routing & Switching Technical forum (ccie-rs@ieoc.com). This forum, amongst the others, is going to be actively monitored by not only myself, but also Brian Dennis, Scott Morris, and Petr Lapukhov.

If you are interested in any custom forums or mailing lists please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks!

About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:

Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 10 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.

Find all posts by Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13 | Visit Website

11 Responses to “IEOC.com – IE’s New Online Community Launched”

1. NTllect says:

and what about old forum/posts ? will they be accessible/discussible ?

2. NTllect says:

I prefer to see migration from old to new platform, with merge of all accounts/posts.

3. We’re looking into the possibility of importing the old content into the new server. However this may or may not be relevant as there are major updates coming to the R&S, Security, and Service Provider self-paced products. In either case forum.internetworkexpert.com will remain up indefinitely in order for users to search its archives.

4. Ivan Seiler says:

Whaaaaattttt, I can not believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that the most valuable information that I found while doing the labs, were on this forum. I am starting Lab 19 and if you take the oldest post I must say you take the best of IE.
    I will be very glad if we (the one who are still making the Labs) have the oportunity to see the old posts. I wouldn’t be doing lab 19 now if it wasn’t because of the forum.
    I have to say I am a really angry that I was not informed before and now I do not have any chances anymore. Angry and sad…

5. Ivan,

What do you mean by “I do not have any chances anymore”? The old content isn’t going away, we are just migrating the way that new content is posted. Like I said “forum.internetworkexpert.com will remain up indefinitely in order for users to search its archives.”

Brian

6. Ivan Seiler says:

Hello Brian

Thank you for your quick answer. I have to say I didn’t know that I could still have access to the old content. Maybe I was a little nervous when I wanted to get to the old forum and I didn’t find the link. Now I only have to do Lab 19 & 20 and next I will buy the next 4hours-10 Labs to sharp my knowledge.

Nice weekend !
    Ivan

7. NTllect says:

why old posts are closed for commenting in ieoc.com’s archive ? there are lots of interesting opinions, but we need to open threads again. I prefer to see transparent migration.

8. DAVE says:

Glad I stumbled into this article! Finally, got what I was looking for to put on my school reportÖ Thanks for sharing this

9. udarawijesiri says:

i want to clarification regarding the H-QoS. What are the advantages of H-QoS when compaired to flat QoS..