Aug

More updates have been posted tonight to the CCIE Routing & Switching Lab Workbook Volume 1 Version 5.0 Beta on the member’s site. Bridging & Switching, Frame Relay, IP Routing, RIP, and EIGRP are now posted. Also there is a new feature that indicates when the files were updated last, so you will always know if you have the most current version.

The files are available as regular PDFs now instead of locklizard, and include both a visible watermark at the bottom and the new “hidden” steganographic watermarking system. Please post all questions about the content to IEOC.

Stay tuned, more updates will be posted in the new few days!

About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:

Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 10 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.

Find all posts by Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13 | Visit Website

14 Responses to “New IEWB-RS Volume 1 Version 5 Updates!”

1. [...] Internetwork Expert Blog – The Volume 1 v5 betas are now available without LockLizard. [...]

2. Deepak says:

The new version looks good and I was able to see the labs using my IE account. But still I can’t see the topology diagrams available for download for these labs.

Thanks!
    DA

3. Deepak says:

Hi Brian,

I would also say that IE Should include some other technologies in Vol 1 of ver 5 like Redistribution ( A quite tricky topic in exam).

I’ll love to see that :-)

Thanks!
    DA

4. Reza says:

Me too, I was able to see the labs using my IE account. But still I can’t see the topology diagrams available for download for these labs.

also using the main diagram of Version 5 to answer the questions is not a good way.

Reza

5. There is a section on the page that says:

Diagrams and Initial Configurations:
    Physical Wiring Diagrams
    Logical Topology Diagrams

The first link is the physical topology, i.e. where the Cat5 and Serial cables are plugged into, the second is the layer 3 logical topology that is used for all labs. All labs use the same diagram. For what reason do you say “is it not a good way” ?

6. Deepak says:

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your help. I would suggest IE to cover following topics with breakdown in Ver 5 vol 1 – Redistribution, Mutual Redistribution of Multiple Protocols, Finding and fixing redistribution loops, BGP Redistribution, Basics and Usages of Prefix Lists/ Route Maps with proper breakdowns.

I know these things are there in IE ver 4.1 vol 2 but I also know many people shaking their head with these topics cause very few good docs are available on internet for these.

Best of Luck…

Thanks!!!
    Deepak

7. These will be covered. There is a whole separate section for redistribution alone.

8. Deepak says:

Hi Brian,

I would suggest IE to cover SRR queueing with breakdown in QOS section of ver 5 vol-1. This is a a bit new technology and not many people know about it…Just my suggestion :-)

Thanks!!!
    Deepak

9. Deepak says:

Also if possible add breakdown for OSPF Suppress FA feature as it was missing in ver 4 technology labs…

Thanks!
    Deepak

10. To: Deepak

Yeah it will be covered for sure. I’m even trying to find more IEEE articles on SRR algorithm itself ;) Look here for a short overview of SRR logic:

11. Deepak says:

First I must say IE Team is really doing a great job. I am sure once IE Ver 5 vol 1 & vol 2 (I would happy to see :-) ) will be released, no ccie candidate will need to look into anything else. Following are my suggestion for IE Vol 1 switching and bridgeing section….just some recommendations for betterment :-)

1.) Mysterious 802.1x Authentication ( Please cover LEAP and other 802.1x protocols breakdown as well)

2.) Some what new IP Source Guard feature.
    3.) A bit new Dynamic Arp inspection feature.
    4.) CEF with breakdown.
    5.) L3 Ether-Channel (I know this was covered in ver 4.1 as well, just want to know with breakdown that which would be the exact real time sceanrio in which we L3 will be preferred or required over L2 ether-channel.)
    6.) Manupulating ether-channel load balance method according to specific lab requirements.
    7.) UDLD (Also please cover both UDLD modes with breakdwon that when one will be preferred over other.)
    8.)DHCP Snooping.
    9.)VLAN Access-Maps.
    10.) One switching Super Lab

Just Sugeestions from CCIE pursuing kid for gr8 CCIE’s :-)

Best of Luck…

Best Regards,
    Deepak Arora

12. BigBan says:

Oh, Thanks! Really funny. Big ups!

13. Nick says:

Where can I find the IP routing diagram for R&S Lab Workbook Volume I v5.0. I’m starting the bgp section and I don’t have an ASN map to reference.

Thanks.

14. As a Newbie, I’m at all times looking on-line for articles that may assist me get further ahead.