Aug

Hi Everyone,

Just a small status checkin for the progress of the IEWB-RS Volume 1 Version 5.0 labs. The rest of the sections are progressing as scheduled, and other topics will be posted in the next few days starting with OSPF. You can view an Alpha OSPF Sample and see why the progress is slow but sure ;)   Also we’ve been getting a number of topic requests for different sections.  Please feel free to submit requests for topics you would like to see covered in more detail.  This series is essentially the culmination of all master outlines we have developed over the years, so if you think that something has already been left out, or want to ensure that something not in the last version will be included in this one, please let me know.

For technical questions please visit www.IEOC.com

Thanks!

Brian

About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:

Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 10 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.

Find all posts by Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13 | Visit Website

8 Responses to “More IEWB-RS Vol 1 V5 Updates Coming Soon”

1. Hi Brian,

I would like to see redistribution in more detail. Starting with small scale (1-point dual protocol) to big scale (3-point triple protocol) scenarios with all the different techniques applied and explained.

Also more advanced BGP filtering techniques would be great, and IPv6 routing (OSPF, BGP)

And maybe some advanced switching scenarios where the physical and logical topology are quite out of sync.

Thanks
    Marc

2. amit says:

I am agree with Marc , redistribution section is much need in Ver 5.

3. ljankok says:

On L2 tunneling it can be empahised more that the path the vlan used for tunneling is traversing needs to be a single non redundant path. In other words only used on one single path.

4. Jeff says:

Brian,

I’d like to see a dedicated section on redistribution too!

Also, how about a section solely on IGP route filtering. Maybe insert this after all of the individual IGPs, to reinforce the filtering techniques encountered in each specific IGP section.

And last, I hope to see good coverage on multicast.

Thanks,
    Jeff

5. [...] Expert Blog – More of the Volume I v5.0 labs are coming soon.  IE is asking for input as to which technologies you would like more coverage on.  There’s already a vote for redistribution (my [...]

6. Saurabh Garg says:

Hi Brian,

Can you please update on when will version 5.0 will be released? I have my lab exam scheduled for 01st dec’08.

Regards,
    Saurabh

7. Deepak Arora says:

First I must say IE Team is really doing a great job. I am sure once IE Ver 5 vol 1 & vol 2 (I would happy to see ) will be released, no ccie candidate will need to look into anything else. Following are my suggestion for IE Vol 1 switching and bridgeing section….just some recommendations for betterment

1.) Mysterious 802.1x Authentication ( Please cover LEAP and other 802.1x protocols breakdown as well)

2.) Some what new IP Source Guard feature.
    3.) A bit new Dynamic Arp inspection feature.
    4.) CEF with breakdown.
    5.) L3 Ether-Channel (I know this was covered in ver 4.1 as well, just want to know with breakdown that which would be the exact real time sceanrio in which we L3 will be preferred or required over L2 ether-channel.)
    6.) Manupulating ether-channel load balance method according to specific lab requirements.
    7.) UDLD (Also please cover both UDLD modes with breakdwon that when one will be preferred over other.)
    8.)DHCP Snooping.
    9.)VLAN Access-Maps.
    10.) One switching Super Lab

Just Sugeestions from CCIE pursuing kid for gr8 CCIE’s

Best of Luck…

Best Regards,
    Deepak Arora

8. sandrar says:

Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog. :) Cheers! Sandra. R.