Aug

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Cisco is now soliciting beta candidates for Cisco’s upcoming CCIE Wireless Written Exam. We are looking for an exclusive set of professional and expert level Wireless Networking Engineers who can dedicate 3 hours of their time to take the beta exam.

The CCIE Wireless certification, to be launched later this year, will validate that professionals have the expertise to design, manage and support mission and business critical wireless networks and the job skills and technical knowledge required of expert level network IT practitioners. This written exam is the first step in obtaining the CCIE Wireless certification. Successful candidates will have mastered broad theoretical knowledge of wireless networking and demonstrated a readiness for the CCIE Wireless lab examination. Be one of the first wireless professionals to get a peek at the new CCIE Wireless exam.

• Location: Pearson Vue Testing Centers, Worldwide
  • Registration Date: October 7
  • Last Test Date: November 14, 2008
  • Cost: $US50
  • Exam Number/Name: 351-050 CCIE Wireless Beta Written Exam

More….

About Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210:

Brian Dennis has been in the networking industry for more than 22 years, with a focus on Cisco networking for the past 16 years. Brian achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching in 1996, and is currently the only ten year CCIE that holds five CCIE certifications. Prior to working with INE, Brian taught and developed CCIE preparation courses for various well known training organizations. Brian not only brings his years of teaching experience to the classroom, but also years of real world enterprise and service provider experience.

Find all posts by Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 | Visit Website

17 Responses to “CCIE Wireless Officially Announced!”

1. Saurabh Garg says:

Cisco products does not seems to be pretty good as compared to other principles in wireless industry. I think they have good statistics becuase the way they piggy-back wireless products while selling other major chunks in R&S, and security. If you compare it with companies like Aruba Networks, yes Cisco is way behind.

In such scenario, how beneficial is for an individual to pursue a CCIE from such principle whose products are still in an infant stage of progression.

Regards,
    Saurabh Garg

2. asasl says:

finally it arrived.

3. Yep. Got the email this morning frim cisco

4. Scott Vermillion says:

Dang, I wish they’d update their own CCIE site more than biennially. I just went there this morning looking for information regarding the wireless CCIE.

I have yet to ever sit a beta exam. Do they publish any kind of blueprint? I’m certainly no wireless expert but I’m an R&S CCIE with some wireless experience. And plenty of interest…

5. Nouraj Jaman says:

I am in the same boat, have alot of interest in the wireless but where can i get information on to read up about the CCIE wireless blueprint?

6. I was looking forward to this. My plans have been for the CCIE Security by the end of this year and then the CCIE Voice next year. I may have to reconsider.

I know there isnt any real material or even outline thats released yet for the lab but do you guys plan on a Program for this one?

7. Most likely we will be offering an instructor-led and self-paced track for CCIE Wireless. Once the blueprint is finalized for the written and lab we’ll have a better idea on the timeline.

Brian

8. Holy Mackanoly!!!

I did the dance of joy after my boss sent me this very long awaited notice.

Good Luck to us, wireless geeks! (so to speak)

9. Haseeb Khan says:

Brian any plan of releasing CCDE course book ?

10. Dave says:

Guys, what is the passing score?

11. Tom Wright says:

I wish they had Satellite CCIE version, wireless will have to do..I am happy with this though! This system is similar to the guild system (Europe has this)

Best

12. HI Guys
    I will be writing the drake on Thursday 16 April ,will keep you informed ,but although Aruba is head the content to learn for the Drake is still need quite a bit of white papers to cover.
    Cheers

13. Thags Govender says:

Hi Guys
    Just to let you know I made the Drake passmark was 78% i had 91 make sure you cover white papers and design guide for Wireless ,its a must.
    Lot if content to cover but worth it

14. Velmurugan says:

Hi Guys,

Where can I get the study materials for CCIE Wireless?

15. Eric Jones says:

Where can I get the study materials for CCIE Wireless?

16. Eric says:

Any update as to when wireless CCIE study scenarios might be released?

17. Eric says:

Any updates on when we might see study material for the CCIE Wireless?