Aug

<quote>

Policy Change to Payment for CCIE Labs

In effort to improve the availability of CCIE lab exams Cisco has updated the CCIE lab payment process.

On September 6, 2008 the payment policy for CCIE labs will be as follows:

Payment in full is due 90 days (calendar) prior to your lab date. Payment must be received to confirm your date. After 90 days refunds will not be available for canceled lab dates.

The change in this policy will allow for lab seats to be open in a timely manner and create more desirable time frames.

If you have questions or want to confirm you are within the 90+ day window please contact customer support.

</quote>

This is good news as it should open up more lab dates 90 days out as opposed to 30 days out.

About Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210:

Brian Dennis has been in the networking industry for more than 22 years, with a focus on Cisco networking for the past 16 years. Brian achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching in 1996, and is currently the only ten year CCIE that holds five CCIE certifications. Prior to working with INE, Brian taught and developed CCIE preparation courses for various well known training organizations. Brian not only brings his years of teaching experience to the classroom, but also years of real world enterprise and service provider experience.

Find all posts by Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 | Visit Website

13 Responses to “Policy Change to Payment for CCIE Labs – Good News!”

1. Andrew says:

Excellent news! Long overdue if you ask me.

2. Darby Weaver says:

Very long overdue. I think Cisco employees should have to pay to hold a seat and get reimbursed after they take the exam too. Just so seats are not “held in vain”.

3 or more free attempts hogs seats too.

3. Stephen says:

So, when I was exam fail on 9/6, I only to booking next lab date in 11/6, is right? I can’t booking lab on 10/6.

4. You can book a date within 1 day if you would like but if you book a date within 90 days you have to pay at the time of booking the date. This is the same policy as before but now it’s just 90 days.

5. Drynda says:

“After 90 days refunds will not be available for canceled lab dates.”
    Could I reschedule the lab if I would found a more convenient date for me prior or after scheduled date w/o loosing money?

6. amernas says:

I got the following in my mail box ;

Dear CCIE Lab Candidate.

On September 6, 2008 the payment policy for CCIE labs will change. The new policy is as follows:

Payment in full is due 90 days (calendar) prior to your lab date. After 90 days refunds will not be available for cancelled lab dates.

Since you have a lab date scheduled within 90 days of September 6 you will need to provide payment as soon as possible. If no payment information is received by 28 days before your lab date you will be dropped for non-payment.

Regards,
    The Cisco Career Certifications Team

7. Saurabh Garg says:

I have got the very same mail from Cisco. I am not sure what to do? Please help.

Dear CCIE Lab Candidate.

Regards,
    The Cisco Career Certifications Team

8. Paul C says:

Terrible news! So if I fail, there’s a chance i’m not going to see any free dates for 90 days. If this happens it really sucks and blows my plans out of the water!

9. Phil G says:

I think the idea was to stop the mindless booking of labs by those nowhere near ready, only for them to drop them come payment time.

However, certainly for CCIE SP track in Brussels its not made a difference at all with labs now starting mid May 09 and beyond.

I’ve jut gotta hope I dont fail my first attempt as getting another date is then a total lottery.

10. Beaks says:

It looks like Paul C is correct because I recently failed my Lab attempt and I am now looking for a date to go back after 28days and there are no dates for almost 5 months.

Could this be that Cisco has blocked the dates?

11. [...] itself. Low and behold, I see the announcement on InternetworkExpert’s blog about the Policy Change to Payment for CCIE Labs which is effective on September 6, [...]