Oct

Thank you everybody for the tremendous response to our announcement vSeminar. For those of you that weren’t able to attend due to capacity or other issues, the recording for CCIE 2.0 – The Next Evolution can be found here.

Much more detail will be posted over the coming days, but in a nutshell this is what’s changing at IE:

First and foremost, Internetwork Expert is not joining the Cisco 360 Program. Instead, we have devised a new framework – CCIE 2.0 – for the next evolution in the training industry.

CCIE 2.0 consists of the following:

• dynamic customized self-paced content
  • adaptive written & hands-on assessments (Poly-Labs)
  • continuing interaction with instructors, authors, customer success managers, and support staff
  • community involvement

Next, starting Q1 2009 we will be offering ILT, online classes, class-on-demand, and lab workbooks for the Associate & Professional level tracks. We’ll be starting at CCENT, progressing to CCNA, and CCNP/CCVP/CCSP.

Stay tuned for more detail on the program, along with our new vSeminar and Online Classroom schedule.

Happy Labbing!

About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:

Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 10 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.

Find all posts by Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13 | Visit Website

31 Responses to “CCIE 2.0 – The Next Evolution”

1. zeus says:

is this program for all CCIE tracks?

2. It’s starting with R&S and Voice and will be available in other tracks soon following.

3. Jeff says:

EVERYONE should watch the vSeminar recording if they were unable to watch it live!

I’m certainly excited about the updates and evolution of IE’s material!!! Glad to hear your commitment to the customer and not just economic gain (although I think we all realize and appreciate you’ve got to have that to exist!)

Can’t wait to run thru an assessment lab for an unbiased opinion!

4. Joe the SysAdmin says:

GOOD JOB! STICKING UP FOR US ALL OUT THERE! GIVING IT TO THE BIG MAN THE WAY HE DESERVES IT!

5. [...] That was quick.  IE has a blog posting about the new changes here.  You can view the recording of the announcement [...]

6. Ferret999 says:

This is excellent news!!! I am really looking forward to trying out the assessment lab and so glad you did not jump on the Cisco 360 training program bandwagon.

7. Steve says:

CONGRATULATIONS.
    IE is the best product on the market and I can only applaud and support totally your decisions. Best of luck for the future.

8. Stan I says:

Very exciting news, I was a bit worried but the wait was well worth it. Looking forward to the new Voice content and the Assessment Labs!

9. EDFNetwork says:

As a current End to End customer, I think IE is heading the right way. I am looking forward to all the classes and personalizing my training.

10. [...] McGahan has a blog post up on IE Blog with the link to the [...]

11. Devang Patel says:

How soon can we expect that for the SP product?
    I would like to go for Bootcamp so should i wait for that?

12. Ferret999 says:

Hi Brian,

Just watching the video and quick question in the video Brian mentions that if you own the end-to-end program you will get access to the new technology focused CoD for free but what about people who just own the Advanced Technologies Class any ideas on pricing?

13. Ian says:

Great stuff guys!!
    Excellent news all round.
    IE keeps going from strength to strength..
    We were only talking the other day about what amazing value the end-to-end product is etc…

Not surprising they told you it was too cheap!! I think its just right!!! Very unusual to see a company looking out for its customers 100% of the time…

Im sticking with IE for sure…

14. Craig Tompkins says:

Evyerone at IE,

I will say that as a past customer of yours, and an admirer of your companies products, I am very pleased with the announcement and the direction that is planned.

15. Ferret999 says:

Whoops I just listened right to the end of the video and there will be options to upgrade to the program if you have bought the other products. So nice to see you are looking after existing customers.

I like the fact that you are going to do associate and professional level training as well. I cannot wait till your CCVP or CCSP course is ready.

Also did I hear right that if you purchase the CCIE Voice CoD + Workbooks now you will get automatically upgraded to the end-to-end program?

16. I am truly happy and feel very blessed to have a vendor thinking of the customers even when profits looms across their very eyes. Not many vendors are like this be it from the Cisco/IT/non-IT scene.

If I ever pass my first CCIE, you can still count me in on becoming a permanent customer for future trainings/tracks.

Thanks again IE for prioritizing your customers above everything else.

17. Anthony Sequeira says:

Nickelby

Not if you pass – just when!

Sent from my iPhone

18. Ray says:

Brian Dennis, I believe you and your staff made the right choice in keeping the IE creed and not being influenced by a major corporation. You guys are tough!!! Right now, I’m doing the R&S End-to-End track and I plan to do the Security track next year with you guys too.. I look forward to the new training programs.. because I need the mentoring.. ;)

I’m a IE customer for the long haul….. Thank you for thinking of us!!

19. CCIETalk.com says:

No one mentioned the SP Track :( What’s the latest on that IE?

20. ben says:

good, stay away from the evil corporate.
    you have all my respect. there’re company dying to be part of cisco. you guys are truely exceptional.

21. Andrew Dempsey says:

Brian Dennis mentioned the order of updates would go R&S, Voice, Security, SP. This makes logical sense as R&S is the cash cow, their Voice offering needs to be completed anyway, Security exam is changing, and poor SP as always gets left out in the cold. ;)

22. Majed Al Masari says:

Actually what Internetworkexpert is doing shows how smart they are in business as well. If you don’t have customers, you don’t have business. Internetworkexpert is true customer focus company that us heading in the right path.

23. Ian McGowan says:

Will this have any impact on the release of the new security training materials for the 3.0 blueprint?

Good to see IE growing into the other certification tracks too.

24. Shah says:

Phew!

I was actually worried thinking that the announcement might be about:

1. InternetorkExpert and IPExpert (or some other vendor) merging.
    2. InternetworkExpert were being bought out because someone offered a sum too good to turn down.

What a relief.

Well done Brian and Brian!

25. Saqi says:

Unlike what I thought it will be. A tough but GREAT decision. Really a lot of relief.
    CONGRATS!!!

26. Rack009 says:

It’s just more great news. Hard hitting facts from Brian Dennis. Well done guys!!

27. Derick Winkworth says:

What about some kind of training for the SP written exam (350-029)?

28. [...] have to start by saying that the announcement from Internetwork Expert yesterday was well worth the wait.  In fact, I couldn’t believe how much press they were [...]

29. dominique says:

The way you explain the industry of learning at the webcasts make sense !! and I will be happy that IE help me to pass me CCIE Lab. I am waiting for the new CCIE 2.0 products

Nice !

30. Darby Weaver says:

Innovate = InternetworkExpert

Stifling = NMC

Come on dump the customer and run…