Below is the new CCIE Voice Lab Blueprint (version 3) that will be implemented mid-July 2009.
CCIE Voice Lab 3.0 Equipment and Software Versions
Passing the CCIE Voice Lab Exam requires a depth of understanding difficult to obtain without hands-on experience. Early in your preparation, you should arrange access to the equipment listed below:
- Cisco MCS-7845 Media Convergence Servers
- Cisco 3825 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR)
- Cisco 2821 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR)
- ISR Modules and Interface Cards
- Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switches
- IP Phones and Soft Clients
Any major software release which has been generally available for six months is eligible for testing in the CCIE Voice Lab Exam.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 7.0
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 7.0
- Cisco Unified Presence 7.0
- Cisco Unity Connection 7.0
- All routers use IOS version 12.4T Train.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switches uses 12.2 Main Train
- Fast Ethernet
- Frame Relay
About Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210:
Brian Dennis has been in the networking industry for more than 22 years, with a focus on Cisco networking for the past 16 years. Brian achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching in 1996, and is currently the only ten year CCIE that holds five CCIE certifications. Prior to working with INE, Brian taught and developed CCIE preparation courses for various well known training organizations. Brian not only brings his years of teaching experience to the classroom, but also years of real world enterprise and service provider experience.
19 Responses to “Mid-July 2009 Voice Lab Changes”
Leave a Reply