I would like to thank all of our blog readers that are constantly asking me for more Top Ten lists. I hope you enjoy the latest installment and have a safe, happy, and prosperous 2009.

Here are the Top Ten CCIE Student New Year’s Resolutions

10. Make the absolute most of study sessions

9. No more learning by practice labbing

8. No more pinging myself

7. No more entering in commands without full knowledge of them

6. No more falling asleep during a TCL Script reachability test

5. Become an active participant in IEOC.COM – asking more questions – no matter how basic and helping others

4. No more chain smoking during a TCL Script reachability test

3. No more nightmares about redistribution, Multicast, or QoS

2. Remembering to always laugh at my jokes during a Bootcamp

And the Number One CCIE Student New Year’s Resolution:

1. No more complaining about the new DOC-CD Web interface

15 Responses to “Top Ten CCIE Student New Year’s Resolutions”

1. 11. No more complaining about the open-ended questions
    12. No more comments on the new logo

I like the list! I’ve been working (successfully) on most points of this top 10 for a few months now :)

2. Raj says:

Is there any reference guide available for all routing protocols Debugging options and examples ….like we have Command and Configuration reference guide for Routing protocols n other topics.

Happy New Year 2009 !!!!

3. Ahriakin says:

“2. Remembering to always laugh at my jokes during a Bootcamp”

You made jokes?

(kidding :) )

4. federic0 says:

one more last for the doc-cd:
    can you please show me where to find the spanning tree cciefast feature in the doc-cd? that’s a new feature which moves your wife in the blocking/discarded state, and yourself into the designated/desiderable ccie state.

5. Think about BGP, not *** when configuring the routers :)

6. yasser says:

-face with impress looking up-

long way till i reach that .
    CCNP on progress

i will be Hokaga( CCIE ) soon

7. JoeB says:

You’re the best!!!
    Keep up with the good work.

8. As always – LOVE the comments :-)

9. CassieP says:

spanning tree cciewife: husband moves into the listening state to realize that he may actually have to run the household so his wife can study for the ccie :) !

10. Arwin Erasga says:

Tons of companies are out there trying to sell you classes, books, or material to assist you in your CCIE pursuit, but the most valuable resource I have found is the CCIE Blog of Internetwork Expert! I love the new year’s resolutions, now back to the lab for practice,practice,practice….

11. Arwin Erasga says:

You’re one of the experts who can make the CCIE rock!

12. Raj – we are doing a blog post on our favorite verification commands…but we will keep your idea in mind as well for a post!

13. Mar Apuhin says:

Haha! I like this post!

13. I will always remember that the real CCIE lab is still a fair game.

14. Pedro Mindlin says:

14. I will be patient enough to verify all my configurations at the end of the lab.

15. Tacack says:

15. I will get a six-pack and a CCIE by the end of this year..