In addition to releasing the new core knowledge simulation product, we’ve posted an update to IEWB-VO VOL1 (voice technology-focused labs). The updated content features screenshots for *all* GUI-related solutions (CCM, Unity, IPCCX etc). Due to this, the size of the workbook has grown considerably. And because of that, all customers now have the option to either download the workbook material as one large file, or by parts.

Of course, there are news for non-Voice students too!

1) For CCIE Security: The first Security VOL1 update is scheduled to be released by the end of March. You should expect to see Security VOL1 labs delivered in the format similar to our RS VOL1 V5.0 products – with challenging scenarios and thorough breakdowns (hey… anyone went through the *whole* RS VOL1 v5.0 QoS section?! ;) ). As for SC VOL2, it should follow VOL1 shortly, with updates starting around 2nd week of April.

2) For CCIE R&S (most people’s favorite) We plan to release a part of RS VOL2 v5.0 labs (first 10 full-scale labs) pretty soon, in about a week or so (as they’re mostly finished by now). We’re also working on getting the remaining technology labs for IEWB-RS VOL1 (Multicast and BGP sections) done as well, and those should be expected late March/early April.

Happy studying!

About Petr Lapukhov, 4xCCIE/CCDE:

Petr Lapukhov's career in IT begain in 1988 with a focus on computer programming, and progressed into networking with his first exposure to Novell NetWare in 1991. Initially involved with Kazan State University's campus network support and UNIX system administration, he went through the path of becoming a networking consultant, taking part in many network deployment projects. Petr currently has over 12 years of experience working in the Cisco networking field, and is the only person in the world to have obtained four CCIEs in under two years, passing each on his first attempt. Petr is an exceptional case in that he has been working with all of the technologies covered in his four CCIE tracks (R&S, Security, SP, and Voice) on a daily basis for many years. When not actively teaching classes, developing self-paced products, studying for the CCDE Practical & the CCIE Storage Lab Exam, and completing his PhD in Applied Mathematics.

Find all posts by Petr Lapukhov, 4xCCIE/CCDE | Visit Website

14 Responses to “Good news, everyone!”

1. Wow you guys are working on a load of stuff at the same time. Keep up the good work!

2. Dave Burns says:

Hey Peter… Thanks as always. Any time-frame on when the remote racks will reflect blueprint 3.0?

Thanks Again,

• We plan to do the complete rack upgrade during the last week of March as well. At the same time, we will retain the PIX and the VPN3k in the racks, till April 20th, so those of you who still prepare using the old blueprint would have no problems accessing the required equipment.

3. Joshua Walton says:

When is the ‘Advanced Technologies Class – Week 2′ going to be added to the members section?

I only have Week 1.

4. Rizzo says:

That’s great news to know for IEWB-Sec-Vol1 update and “…. should expect to see Security VOL1 labs released in the format similar to our RS VOL1 V5.0 products – with challenging scenarios and thorough breakdowns…” That’s what I been requesting and very please to know it. Hats off to whole team.

Will you be posting pdf for Physcial Lab setup, devices inventory, IOS version and software versions or anything you want to suggest?

I can’t wait to unleash it in my Home Lab. I hope Advance Tech VoD Class (Offline Edition) will be followed soon.

I notice You didn’t mention anything about IEWB-Sec-Vol2 time scale. I guess you might have forgot to mention it.

Thanks for helping us

5. To: Rizzo

Usually people ask for VOL1 to be released first, for some reason :) I even made a poll to confirm this. But of course, we’re thinking about VOL2 as well. Full-scale labs will be updated one-by-one starting most likely on 2nd week of April, in parallel with VOL1 updates. We just want to deliver VOL1 updates before VOL2.

As for the physical lab topology, we already have this solidified, and I would post the detailed information next week. If you already have a rack cabled according to our existing topology, then most likely you only need to replace R1 and R2 with ISR routers (suchs as 1841, 2811 etc) capable of doing GET VPN and SSL VPN among other things. All other devices will need just a software upgrade. We try to minimize the changes that people have to make in their home equipment.

6. To noairbag:

Yeah, while I’m not an extreme Futurama fan, I really like the series :)

7. Rizzo says:

Oh Yes, I most definitely want Vol1. :) I highly appreciate your and team effort to make it possible.

In term of devices, I have mostly 2600XM boxes and surely they don’t work for SSL VPN. Not sure about GET VPN on 2600XM but I will check Cisco’s site.

Thanks again

8. Jason says:

Will the Dynamips versions of these RS VOL2 v5.0 labs be released at the same time, as well?

If not, would it be possible to provide VOL2 Dynamips subscribers with temporary access to the non-Dynamips RS VOL2 v5.0 labs?

9. Nick says:

I am in the middle of my preparation for my exam in may. I have done labs 1-11 off vol 1.

What do you suggest should i do with the new version? Finish the old 20 labs and start from begining with the new ones?

Just do the 11-20 of the new ones?

Thanks :)

10. Nick says:

Sorry i meant vol 2

11. James Stewart says:

Thanks Petr

Any developments on the SP track?

12. noairbag says:

I’ve seen futurama a couple times. The only thing I remember is that the professor always says “Goodnews, everyone.”