Apr

Hi everyone,

as promised before, updated Security VOL2 Lab1 has been posted to all subscribed members accounts. The new lab features completely new diagram (I hope you guys like it ;) and significants updates to its contents. Alongside with removing the PIX and VPN3k sections we’ve added tasks covering such topics as IPsec VTI, Zone-Based Firewall, IPS virtual sensors/VLAN groups, ASA reliable static routes, 802.1x authorization and a few more goodies to this lab. The updated content should be less “crazy hard” than its v3.0 predecessor and better mimic the difficulty of the real exam. Still, it was designed to be *harder* than the real stuff, just to make sure you don’t relax too much and don’t let your guards down ;) Anyways, enjoy the first update in the series! We plan to post updates periodically and finish the whole process in June.

PS
For you CCIE-RS folks waiting for the BGP section to be posted. Our apologies for the delay, we’re working to get it done ASAP. The section appears to be bigger than we estimated before, and it may take an extra week to finish it. We’ll try to make an intermittent update by the end of this week, covering at least some of BGP Section tasks. Thank you for your patience!

About Petr Lapukhov, 4xCCIE/CCDE:

Petr Lapukhov's career in IT begain in 1988 with a focus on computer programming, and progressed into networking with his first exposure to Novell NetWare in 1991. Initially involved with Kazan State University's campus network support and UNIX system administration, he went through the path of becoming a networking consultant, taking part in many network deployment projects. Petr currently has over 12 years of experience working in the Cisco networking field, and is the only person in the world to have obtained four CCIEs in under two years, passing each on his first attempt. Petr is an exceptional case in that he has been working with all of the technologies covered in his four CCIE tracks (R&S, Security, SP, and Voice) on a daily basis for many years. When not actively teaching classes, developing self-paced products, studying for the CCDE Practical & the CCIE Storage Lab Exam, and completing his PhD in Applied Mathematics.

Find all posts by Petr Lapukhov, 4xCCIE/CCDE | Visit Website

16 Responses to “Updated IEWB-SC VOL2 Lab1 v5.0 Released!”

1. John Spaulding says:

Thanks for the update. Cannot wait for the R&S BGP section. Great work on all the ver 5.0 workbooks. So far they are the best material I have seen. except for the COD of course :)

2. Leet Man says:

is the COD going to be updated as well for security?

3. John Spaulding says:

It looks like they might make the open-lecture series the new COD. I have been watching all the updated material for this as well as the 4.1 COD. It goes over the ver 5 LAB diagrams so I would assume this would be the case…..

4. Razvan says:

Are you planing to release more than 10 labs for the security workbook in the future ? Thanks

5. Leet Man says:

Hi john how do i get hold of hte open lecturer series stuiff?

6. Leet Man says:

do you know where i can find the open lecture john?

7. John Spaulding says:

Yeah it part of the CCIE 2.0 R&S. Im not sure if they have the security open-lecture although they do go over some security topics but not for Security track.

8. Dave Burns says:

Peter… You said it was posted to all accounts that had the older version. I don’t see it. Can you direct me where I should be looking? I recall there were technical problems when the last update was posted with a few accounts (like mine), so I’m assuming this is a problem again?

Please advise.

Thanks Again,
    Dave

9. adrian says:

Looks good,
    I hope to see 20 labs as the R&S track!
    Thanks!

10. Yanchong says:

Hi,Petr:
    Really want the Security Volume I VPN Part, could you tell me when it will be available?

11. Oliver Priest says:

Petr,

Thanks for this important update. It is most appreciated. Will be studying the new topics over the next few weeks.

Regards,

Oliver

12. Yanchong says:

Petr,
    May I have one may be unnecessary advice? I’ve read and thought the security workbook volume I (5.0) is much more exciting, so really hope you can release the series of volume I earlier than volume II.

• Yeah, we plan to release the first half of the VPN section today or tomorrow. Just for your information, VOL2 labs are full scale mock labs that assume good understanding of VOL1 technologies. Thus you wont see too much breakdowns in VOL2 labs, just comments and notes, as all breakdowns have been moved to VOL1. You are supposed to practice VOL2 only when you have relevant knowledge background, for example gained by working through VOL1 labs.

13. Yanchong says:

Thanks a lot! Petr and all IE experts!

14. Partha says:

Do you have more labs or other new v3 material to post ?