Hi Everyone,

just to keep you posted. We have another bunch of updates uploaded to our memebers area.

For R&S, there are two new IEWB-RS VOL2 labs (Lab11 & Lab12). Those two are basically re-worked versions of older VOL2 labs, better balanced and formatted to match the blueprint. For SC, there is new IEWB-SC VOL2 Lab4 (full-scale) packed with new features for you guys that need more challenge. In addition to that, there are new labs posted under IEWB-SC VOL1 “Hotfix” sections. Here is the full list of the labs currently in this section:

ASA Redundant Interface
ASA Enhanced Object Groups
Flexible Packet Matching
Zone Based Firewall
ZFW Rate Limiting
ZFW Application Inspection
Control Plane Protection (CPPr)
Remote Session Authentication using TACACS+
Exec Authorization using TACACS+
IOS Local Command Authorization
IOS Remote Command Authorization
Using RADIUS for Session Control
Classic IOS Transparent Firewall
ZFW-Based IOS Transparent Firewall
IOS IP Virtual Reassembly
IOS ACL Selection IP Option Drop

As for the Voice track, there is a fresh pack of new IEWB-VO VOL1 labs as well! See list of the new VOL1 labs below:

CUCM Navigation and GUI Interface
CUCM CLI Interface
Communications Manager Initialization
Verifying Database Replication
Date/Time Groups
Phone Auto Registration
SIP Phone Endpoints

Happy labbing!

About Petr Lapukhov, 4xCCIE/CCDE:

Petr Lapukhov's career in IT begain in 1988 with a focus on computer programming, and progressed into networking with his first exposure to Novell NetWare in 1991. Initially involved with Kazan State University's campus network support and UNIX system administration, he went through the path of becoming a networking consultant, taking part in many network deployment projects. Petr currently has over 12 years of experience working in the Cisco networking field, and is the only person in the world to have obtained four CCIEs in under two years, passing each on his first attempt. Petr is an exceptional case in that he has been working with all of the technologies covered in his four CCIE tracks (R&S, Security, SP, and Voice) on a daily basis for many years. When not actively teaching classes, developing self-paced products, studying for the CCDE Practical & the CCIE Storage Lab Exam, and completing his PhD in Applied Mathematics.

Find all posts by Petr Lapukhov, 4xCCIE/CCDE | Visit Website

15 Responses to “More Product Updates!”

1. John Spaulding says:

You guys rock !!!! just in time before my lab date comes….more labs for me to do :)

2. khaleel says:

It’s good excellent work IE Sec team, but can we have some timeline as when IE Sec vol1 and vol2 will be complete release, with this it will be great help in planning schedule.

3. Razvan says:

Petr, do you happen to know how many ASA devices are in th real exam? I mean if there are only 2 and they give you A/A failover, no more VPN or dynamic routing. Thanks

4. I would love to see a date where Petr will say: I’m wasted, let’s keep it like this for a while :-P Than I can order my printed materials :-)

5. Sumit says:

At this point you guys are ahead of me, before I complete one lab you release another:). But I will surely catch you soon.

Good work.

6. To: Razvan

So far they always had 2 ASAs in the lab. Don’t think they are going to change this, as having 2 appliances is more than enough to test any applicable feature.

7. Malick Ndiaye says:

Hello Petr,

good job; but can you please have initial configs for other rack numbers (4,5,6,7,8,ect…) for the R&S labs. It would really help other than always getting use to Rack1.

8. Tom says:

Hello Petr,

is there any updates for Dynamips labs ?

9. John Spaulding says:

Yeah I would really like the initial configs for the other rack numbers as well. That would help save some time atleast on my part :)

10. Yanchong says:

Very sorry for ask again, could you publish your re-schedule of the release data for security workbook? After all,it’s June 23th today, and my scheduled lab is in middle of July.

• Hi,

I try avoiding speaking out exact date, as life appears to be less predictable then i thought. So far, I’m working no more hotfix topics this week + lab5 which should come early in July. I guess you would see most of the hotfix topics + get enough vol2 labs for a good practice. I believe we should get lab6 released before your lab date for sure as well.

11. Yanchong says:

Thanks a lot once again! Your SC Volume I/II are most valuable product during my CCIE study!

12. SickMonkey says:

What is going on with the Security COD?

I need the HOT topics / NEW topics for that one.

13. Yanchong says:

I thought the Security Volume I workbook is enough for me to digest those new topics.

Hope more HOTFIX come by this weekend.