Hello everyone! We want your feedback on changes to this product sent to: asequeira@ine.com

Here is what we are going to do for sure:

1. Replace rote memorization questions with newer, more accurate questions for the actual Core Knowledge Section.

Here is what we are proposing or at least thinking about :-) :

1. Eliminate all computer grading and move to self-graded questions.
  2. Organize questions by topic area of the blueprint.

We look forward to your feedback on these proposed changes – or anything else you want done.

Happy studying everyone!

12 Responses to “Feedback Wanted – R/S Core Knowledge Sim Update”

1. John Spaulding says:

I like the move by topic area….Not sure about the self graded. Maybe if you could go over that in more detail? Like have a link at the bottom and we read for the answer type thing :) thanks

2. bill patrick says:

The most important part is more accurate questions which cover the new blueprint. The ability to mark by computer does restrict the format and scope of questions so I’d vote for whatever has to be done to ensure questions are as close to real format as possible.

Organizing by blueprint topic is nice to have but lower in my priority.

3. Omar Garcia says:

I think by topic would be a great idea.

4. kilo says:

Hi, I think all the above points would be fantastic improvements on the current version, but imho the first is the most critical and should be implemented as a matter of priority. Any ideas on how far away this update would be?
    Thanks for keeping us posted :)

5. bam says:

For each question have a reference link to where the the answer is explained. Since some of the questions are design questions, the online Cisco doc might not be enough — in those cases, you should provide a brief explanation of the issue along with diagrams if applicable.

Organizing by blueprint topic is a must.

6. tony says:

“Organize questions by topic area of the blueprint”, this will be great.

btw, what do you mean by self graded ? can u more specific ?

one more thing
    loading the engine take times
    can u speed up that ?

7. federic0 says:

all of the above are good improvements, i would suggest to use a system which is not so cpu intensive, that one from adobe keeps my cpu above 95% all the time…

8. Russell Chalmers says:

I like the idea of organizing questions by topic. I am not sure on the self graded questions, if that is more to the type of question format that we will get in the exam then that option sounds great. Maybe put an option in for both Computer Grading and Self Grading. That way if you wan to test yourself you have the option of both.

Might also be an idea to stipulate which format is most likely to be seen in the exam.(Not sure if one type or both are in the exam)

Thanks for the great material so far.

9. Hi Tony!

By self grade – it would be you type in the response – click next – and then you see the correct answer and a more information link.

Eliminating the random engine would speed it up to be immediate.

10. Ian McDonald says:

Having the option of reviewing the material by topic would be most helpful. Retain the random option, though, to keep us on our toes.
    The ideal would be to present questions in the order you introduced in a recent post based on the memorising intervals. I guess that would mean abandoning the Adobe engine and maintaining state across our sessions. There are packages out there that can do this. One of them loaded up with your excellent content would be the ‘killer app’ in this area, I reckon. I would be happy to discuss this further if you wish.

11. dworth says:

A link to corresponding information would be ideal. I would also like to see blueprint breakout per quiz. Basically how your Vol. Labs are broken out, so should the quizzes.

One other cool thought, at least to me would be sending out a couple of questions a day from a database like your email sig to customers who want to register for them.

12. Pedro Mindlin says:

I agree with the self grading method. You can put a little checkbox on each question and the user would mark it correct or not.

The only problem with that is we don’t grade our actual lab questions, so maybe you could add some “proctor interpretation uncertainty” to the final grade ;-)

I also had the experience of taking a very tricky and specific memorization question in the real lab, so I don’t agree with taking them out. Of course we can’t memorize everything, but it’s not a bad idea to have some stuff fresh in memory before the lab.

Regards, Pedro.