Sep

Hi Everyone,

We’ve just posted more updates to our renowned IEWB-RS VOL1 – Technology focused labs. The MPLS section is now complete (well maybe just a couple more tasks coming) resulting in 16 new scenarios. In addition to that, the Security section of VOL1 has been updated as well, featuring another 10 labs. That makes a total of 26 more new scenarios with breakdowns, solutions, and verifications! Here is the list of the new topics added:

MPLS VPN:

Zone Based Firewall
ZFW Rate Limiting
ZFW Application Inspection
Classic IOS Transparent Firewall
ZFW-Based IOS Transparent Firewall
IOS IPS

I know the question on your minds :) . What’s next on track? More IEWB-RS VOL2 (Configuration Full Scale Labs) and IEWB-RS VOL4 (Troubleshooting) updates of course! And don’t ask me about EIGRPv6 – it’s only 3 commands to enter in the configuration ;) Alright, it will be added to the IPv6 section too, as well as the IPv6 Multicast basics! However, please remember that MPLS VPNs and the security features is the core of the new technologies added to the updated blueprint!

Thanks for choosing INE and happy studying!

About Petr Lapukhov, 4xCCIE/CCDE:

Petr Lapukhov's career in IT begain in 1988 with a focus on computer programming, and progressed into networking with his first exposure to Novell NetWare in 1991. Initially involved with Kazan State University's campus network support and UNIX system administration, he went through the path of becoming a networking consultant, taking part in many network deployment projects. Petr currently has over 12 years of experience working in the Cisco networking field, and is the only person in the world to have obtained four CCIEs in under two years, passing each on his first attempt. Petr is an exceptional case in that he has been working with all of the technologies covered in his four CCIE tracks (R&S, Security, SP, and Voice) on a daily basis for many years. When not actively teaching classes, developing self-paced products, studying for the CCDE Practical & the CCIE Storage Lab Exam, and completing his PhD in Applied Mathematics.

Find all posts by Petr Lapukhov, 4xCCIE/CCDE | Visit Website

25 Responses to “CCIE R&S: More Updates!”

1. Terry Vinson says:

Thanks Petr! We appreciate all the hard work!

2. Piotr Kaluzny says:

Good Day,

This is great news, however I saw those security updates as far back as in July. Is there anything else which we can expect for Security vol I which was not yet uploaded?

Thanks,
    Piotr

3. Jeff says:

Awesome!!!

4. Santiago Enciso says:

Hello Petr, excellent post what about OER?

5. Santiago Enciso says:

failed my first attempt at RTP and have to go over the v4.0 blueprint. retaking myt studies by the moment.

6. Piotr Kaluzny says:

Petr,

You’re right – I read they relate to Security WB vol I, not Security “section” of Vol I.

7. Diego says:

Petr,

When will the updates for workbook vol II (full scale labs – dynamips version) be available for download?

Cheers,
    Diego.

8. Diego says:

Sorry, saw the answer to me question in another post.

“And finally, for the Dynamips version of our Full-Scale Labs Workbook. This one is coming right after we finish updating the “classic” VOL2 for the new R&S lab blueprint. You may expect the first “fully-Dynamips” labs to appear by the mid of October.”

9. Muhammad says:

Hi Peter
    Any idea when the MPLS and the new security portion is available as separate capsules on Gradedlabs.com?

10. Jim says:

I can’t see an MPLS section under my Volume 4.1 workbook links. Am I missing something?

11. Mohammad says:

Petr

last update for Security Vol 1 V5 was Hotfix:2009-07-06 08:12:05)
    I can not see any updates after that?

• I think that might be right – Vol 2 updates were the focus – now they are cycling back to Vol 1.

You can always check with Customer Service to make sure your Member’s Site is the most current.

Thanks for choosing INE!

12. Jim says:

I’m still not seeing the new MPLS sections under my R&S Lab Workbook Volume I v4.1 link.

I have no 5.0 workbook links.

I’m wondering now if I have the correct product for the new CCIE R&S blueprint?

13. Jim says:

Thanks CCIE dudes. Will do.

14. Vignesh says:

Hello Peter,

I could see some minor mistakes in the MPLS section. For eg.task 14.4 says R6 as route-reflector but the config shows R4 as RR. RD & RT values for vrfs are not provided.

15. Michael Collins says:

I’m looking over lab 4 blueprint 4 and the solutions guide for 2.3 which isn’t in the workbook it’s all part of 2.2 is using a different router # then the question ask for.
    Also can we get a new forum for the new blueprint since the old blueprint is all but out dated?

16. Jorge says:

Petr,

Btw, great post.

Sorry for my late post, but you sure that AToM and L2TPv3 are part of the new R&S v4 blueprint?

Thnx!

Jorge

• @Jorge

Most likely not, I just added them well because they are simple :) I think MPLS VPNs are not big topic in the new exam. You should probably focus more on IP Services and odd things like EEM, OER and the newly introduced “old” Frame-Relay switching. As they told in Networkers FR switchin is now a part of “configurable” topology. Im going to add some FR switching tasks and troubleshooting topics to VOL1/VOL4 to reflect this as well. Also notice that they might test 802.1X which requires a RADIUS server (per “Ask the Expert” series). Even though one is not present you may want to know how to configure local authentication fallback with “imaginary” RADIUS server.

17. Jorge says:

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification and the tips.