Dec

We are thrilled to announce Lab 1 of the Version 4 R&S Dynamips product is released and available in all member accounts that are Volume II subscribers or previous Dynamips subscribers.

Lab 2 should also be completed this week as well.

All 20 labs are targeted for release by Feb 1, 2010.

Happy emulating everyone!

24 Responses to “All I Want for Christmas is Some Dynamips Practice!”

1. Nadeem Rafi says:

Thanks man… thats great news.

2. nwachonky says:

cant wait to lay my hands ob vol 2, would be paying by next year.
    thanks

3. MrPaul says:

Any SP love?

4. Nadeem Rafi says:

thanks for reminding, for not rushing the II volume. I was so tempted to do it. This multicast is still going on. I hopw to move to MPLS with in a day or two. :)

5. Albert Ignacio says:

Good to hear that SP Core Knowledge is in the works. :)
    I emailed McGahan about this just the other day but didn’t hear anything.

This is exciting news!!

6. Brian says:

INE is the best,just to know that this workbook was being sold on its on and now for vol2 customers its free,i really appreciate that..Thanks a million

7. Janno says:

This is really great!! Thanks INE!!

Tip: Build you own frame-switch in BB2. (just configure extra serials in BB2 and configure a FR-switch, link all routers to BB2 instead of the dynagen FR-switch)
    The FR-switch in Dynamips is not correct. PVCs always stay up.

8. Roland says:

Awesome!

9. Ian Finlayson says:

Hi

Hi, great to see that the Dynamips have been added to anyone who purchased the ordinary Workbooks.

However, I would be greatful if anyone could answer this, Can Dynamips/Dynagen work with Windows 7??? I only seem to be able to get one instance of Dynamips working at a time instead of the 2 we expect!?

If not I might have to put them into a VM environment!?

Thanks Ian.

10. Tom says:

Hello Ian Finlayson,

I have not tried to run it on win 7 as “physical” pc or server but I use vmware ESX server and I am running windows 7 64 bit on it works just fine…. but remember to turn off user control in Win 7 and reload it…. BEFORE installing the GNS or You may need gns reinstall…

vmware virtualization and GNS SUCKS !!!!!!! :)
    no more huge equipment and lab racks :) everything in one small box :)

hope this helps….
    Regards

11. Ian Finlayson says:

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the feedback!!
    I am sure if you can get it working with WIN 7 64bit in a VM environment, it should work fine on a “Physical” also!?

I will try turn off User Control and see if that makes a difference?

Thanks again…

Ian.

12. Mbong says:

I can believe you guys intend to spoil my Christmas by reminding me about the lab exam in March…

Christmas is the birthday of Christ but now I have to be punching keys on my PC…

13. Tom says:

Hi again Ian,

I am sure it will, just try it…

Regards
    Tom

14. bmac says:

Can you please clarify which NET file is to be used with the new dynamips v5 configuration. I have downloaded the latest which do not match up with the labs…any help would be most appreciated. As an example if you check the configs for R5 the reference S0/0 and 0/1 being used where the labs and diagrams specify s1/0 and 1/1.
    s0/0 = FR0 6
    s0/1 = R4 s0/1
    f0/0 = SW1 f1/5
    f0/1 = SW3 f1/5

I could certainly rebuild these myself given the intended mappings…just not sure what the intention was.

Thanks in advance as usual you guys are awesome!

• Hi bmac!

Have not had time to try Lab 1 yet – perhaps there will be an opportunity over the holidays. I know that some issues were discussed and resolved by students on the IEOC.COM

Be sure to check it out.

15. hamoudi says:

Hello,
    did you had time and checked the dynamips v5 .net files? as they don’t match with the labs!!! soon update is appreciated!

Best Regards