Well this is the class that everyone wanted redone first so we’re running it online starting April 11th. Brian McGahan will be the primary instructor for the class with Petr and myself assisting. If you have an All Access Pass subscription or purchased the live version of the R&S ATC in the past you can attend the live class free of charge by contacting sales. Space is limited so if you want to attend the live version you need to contact sales ASAP.  Everyone who has purchased the R&S ATC CoD or has an All Access Pass subscription will automatically get access to the self-paced version.

Lastly we’re going to be releasing a brand new 12 Day R&S Bootcamp CoD product in April for the All Access Pass customers.  I’ll make a detailed announcement in regards to it later this week but the reviews we are getting from the beta customers on it are excellent to say the very least.

UPDATE –  If you would like to attend the online R&S ATC or just have access to the R&S ATC CoD (along with 1000′s of hours of additional training) but are a little short on funds you can sign up for the All Access Pass with a monthly subscription for just $159 a month.  Once you’re signed up for the AAP you can then register for the online class.

About Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210:

Brian Dennis has been in the networking industry for more than 22 years, with a focus on Cisco networking for the past 16 years. Brian achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching in 1996, and is currently the only ten year CCIE that holds five CCIE certifications. Prior to working with INE, Brian taught and developed CCIE preparation courses for various well known training organizations. Brian not only brings his years of teaching experience to the classroom, but also years of real world enterprise and service provider experience.

Find all posts by Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 | Visit Website

37 Responses to “New CCIE R&S Advanced Technologies Class”

1. Bassam Alkaff says:

Great news, Brian D. Believe it or not, I was asking myself when you will update the R&S ATC CoD, just minutes before I see this post!!

2. Dan says:

Will the new 12 Day R&S Bootcamp CoD product be available to those that purchased the previous 12-day CoD or only those that have purchased the All Access Pass subscription?

3. Michael says:

This is great news, Brian. We all missed of your great COD and ATC. Will be the new 12 Day R&S bootcamp CoD available for the customers who already have access to the old 5 Day bootcamp ?

4. Ricardo Simba says:

Brian, that’s all great news and I can’t wait for it!

5. @Michael – If you have attended the 5 Day BC or purchased the CoD you’ll get access to the new CoD.

6. @Dan – If you have access to a 12 Day CoD now you’ll get access to the new one.

7. JL says:

Great news, can’t wait. Any idea when the Unified Training Program is going live?

8. Yandy says:

Glad you guys are doing this again, and that Petr’s involved. I was a big fan of the old CoD v4 for the R&S 3.0.

9. @Yandy – Over 95% of the customers we polled who had watched the previous version and the current version preferred the previous version. This is why we are going back and redoing them even through they are current.

10. Carlos says:

wow!!!! really Great news to hear that!!!! im agree that myself and a lot of people waiting for the Brians… and now with Pert..!!

11. Ronaldo Marins says:

Excelent news, Brian. Are you guys considering in having live and CoD products with iPad support? This is a good opportunity since you’re going to redo the content.

• @Ronaldo Marins – We’re in the process of migrating off the Adobe Connect server now for on-demand content (CoDs). The new ATC live class will run on the Adobe Connect server but the recording is being done local to the instructor’s machine using a HDMI capture device setup between their computer and monitor capturing at 720p (High Definition). This will eliminate the problems we’ve seen with the Adobe recordings. Once it’s captured, the data which is about 1GB per minute of class is shipped back to our new editing studio in Seattle, WA for editing and rendering. It will then take us about 2 to 3 weeks to edit and render for all formats (HD for DVD and download along with a few different resolutions for internet streaming).

Our new video player and CDN (Content Delivery Network) provider solution supports HTML5 for most standard web browsers along with iPad, iPhone, etc support and Flash failover for browsers without HTML5 functionality. In addition to hosting in North America we have data mirroring setup in Europe and Asia for the new videos.

12. Leandro Domingues says:

Great News B Dennis, Lets remember 2007 VoD, thats class really changed my knowledge in deep, I can wait,,I got all access pass for Videos, so I guess I am included, right..

13. Jon says:

Wonderful !!! Another excellent COD that I can’t wait to have.
    By the way, how many days will this new COD runs? And when will the self-paced version be made available through our INE account?

• @Jon I’m not actually sure how many days it will run yet. It will be at least 10, but may be as long as 12 – 15 days. The reason why is that there is *so much* content that I’m going to be covering, and I don’t want to rush through it or skip key topics. Also it depends on how many questions I get from students during the class. Once the first week is done I’ll have a better estimate for how long the class is going to run. Also for the self-paced version, yes it will show up in your members account.

14. Manny says:

Woooow, Such a wonderful News…I will be waiting for this…Brians and Petr… Keep it up guys

15. Hussein says:

I purchased RS advanced technology and i can access it now from membership area , is the Coming COD is different than the one that will be available on 11 of April , if am not mistaken the one am accessing is 5 days ( 11 Modules ) . the coming one is 12 days includes the technologies in more depth . Thanks brian for always updates and your incredible efforts :)

16. Adeliano says:

oh this is so great , if i have the AT CoD how can i attend the new line AT class do i have to pay the different of the cost .
    and also i wanna know what’s the time of the session .

17. Iman says:

Ohhhhhhhhhh my God !
    Brian Denis, Brian Mchghan and Petr doing COD again !
    I cant imagine the quality how brilliant it will be !

18. B.Y. says:

For those of us who have purchased the CCIE 4.0 program, how will these changes effect us? I see that you are now referring to the All Access Pass much like you used to refer to the CCIE 2.0/4.0 program.

So in your description, you specifically state “Everyone who has purchased the R&S ATC CoD or has an All Access Pass subscription will automatically get access to the self-paced version.”

Although I have the R&S ATC CoD as part of the CCIE 2.0/4.0 program, am I (and a lot of others) now being locked out of these new updates?

Can you please advise us on what will be included in the All Access Pass for R&S products vs. future updates included for the CCIE 4.0 program investors?

Thanks in advance!

• Customers who bought previous products won’t be locked out of updates to these products; updates will continue as normal. Regardless how you purchased the class, on it’s own, through the CCIE R&S 4.0 Program, or through the All Access Pass, you’ll have access to the new updates. The difference is that completely new products won’t automatically be part of the CCIE R&S 4.0 Program, but they will be part of the All Access Pass. For example, when I release the new CCNP Security classes, these will be part of the All Access Pass, but not the CCIE R&S 4.0 Program.

19. Deepak Arora says:

May sound like an odd ball But I would suggest to open a poll at ieoc by you guys to make sure you cover this time what people wan’t to see. There are lots of things covered very well in old version(10 days by Brian). So perhaps new version should compliment to older version in terms of covering topics which you guys didn’t cover or were not in scope of version 3.

This time more focus should be on topics which earlier used to consider as non core (which is not case anymore) like QOS, MPLS, IP Services, System Management, Multicasting, IPv6, IOS Security, Troubleshooting.

Also I would expect a detailed video on strategy now for not only about how to prepare for TS and Config section but also one INE instructor solveing INE Vol 2 Lab 1 step by step to show how to go through exam itself covering details like how L2 diagram should be build, how redistibution diagram should be build , how to verify each section in the end of lab etc.

BTW… Any plans for redoing CCIP Series…specially QOS ?

Best Regards!!!

• @Deepak It’s not going to complement the old version, but it will be more along the lines of the old version Brian and I did vs. the current one. Your topic suggestions are noted. Also yes I will be re-doing the CCIP series.

20. ananth says:

Hi Brian M

Brian D talked about unifed training and he is going to announce it soon.

Please give details about what it is,

Will you release CCIE R and S vol 1 breakdown vids

21. [...] CCIE #8593 in Uncategorized TweetAs you may know, I will be the lead instructor for our New CCIE R&S Advanced Technologies Class.  The class runs online, and will start Monday April 11th at 07:00 PDT (GMT -7).  If you have an [...]

22. Deepak Arora says:

If someone already has access to 5/6 day bootcamp COD, will he need to buy week 2 separately or week 2 will be added itself ?

Also for such customer new week 1 will be free ?

• @Deepak It depends which particular CoD you already have access to. Email and they’re let you know what’s in your account currently and how the new products are related. Ideally you would have the All Access Pass because then you’d get access to everything for all tracks.

23. Inder says:

Hi Bryan,

I was wondering till what time this class will last, I mean day time since it starts at 7 am PST which is 3 pm GMT, so would like to see if it is a good time for European audience.

I see lot of talk about class, so I believe nothing is changing in reference to CCIE R&S workbooks but do you plan on INE Vol3 Workbook change in anyway.

Inder Vaid

• @Inder Class will run typically 8 to 12 hours per day. In the case of GMT then, somewhere about from 3pm to midnight or later. If you miss portions of the live class due to timezone constraints, you’ll still have access to the On-Demand videos after class.

24. Mike says:

Wow… just can’t wait to join the class… already enrolled by calling your friendly sales hotline :) See you on 11th, Brian…

25. Misbah Mumtaz says:

we all are waiting anxiously.
    Misbah Mumtaz

26. 2beone says:

Damn.. I hate to miss this..

27. Joshua Fontenot says: