Last week wrapped up the first week of our new CCIE Routing & Switching Advanced Technologies Class, where I focused on Layer 2 Technologies such as Ethernet, Frame Relay, HCLC, and PPP.  Next week I will be running week 2 of the class, focusing on Layer 3 Technologies such as RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IPv6, and Multicast.

Also we are now offering monthly subscriptions to the All Access Pass at just $159 a month!  This gives you access to all of our video training, over 800 hours, plus any new videos we release in the future.  This includes the new CCIE Routing & Switching Advanced Technologies Class.  If you have an All Access Pass subscription or purchased the live version of the R&S ATC in the past you can attend next week’s class free of charge by contacting sales. Space is limited so if you want to attend the live version you need to contact sales ASAP.

Additionally we are migrating all of our video content to a new HTML5 based streaming solution, which will allow all of our videos to be viewed on any platform and at multiple bandwidth & quality levels.  Below is a sample of last week’s class in this new format.  Try the medium or low bandwidth versions on your iPhone, Android, or Windows phone, the high or medium versions on your iPad or Android tablet, and the full HD version on your laptop or desktop.  When the solution is fully deployed you’ll be able to choose which format you want to view depending on your connection speed and device, plus have the option to download videos all the way up to the full HD versions.

Low Bandwidth Sample

Medium Bandwidth Sample

High Bandwidth Sample

HD Sample

About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:

Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 10 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.

Find all posts by Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13 | Visit Website

37 Responses to “Preview the New CCIE R&S Advanced Technologies Class-on-Demand”

1. ccieanna says:

Hi Brian

Is there a exact breakdown of topics you are going to cover in the entire course?

That would really help.

2. ccieanna says:

Great Brian

Thanks a lot.

Just two queries

1)Is there a third week of the course which covers QOS,Security,MPLS and system management?

2)Is the course linked to Vol 1 workbook so that I can practice easily?

I went to thro the sample video and it is really awesome

3. Dan V says:

4. Dan V says:

Works very well on my iPhone 4 but now I’m wanting an ipad2 since I now have a good reason to ‘need’ one ;) )

5. ccieanna says:

Thanks a lot Brian

6. Rob says:

Looks great guys!

7. Hussain says:

when its gonna be available for members that have AT-CoD already

8. Dan V. says:

When will these be available in the members section for streaming?

9. shady says:

i need to know the below if yuo donot mind :

Is the finished videos avaiable now

why you donot you index the videos according to the blue print and cover all it;s contect

what is the next week start dates and agenda

10. Jochen Bartl says:

Nice. I like that you show how to troubleshooting everything in detail. Like in the old 10 days ATCoD and in the Multicast bootcamp.

11. Daniel says:

When will you be finished with the entire ATC and what will the price be for just the ATC? Also will videos be downloadable? I would like to view them on my commute and I don’t have Internet access there. It’s great news that you are redoing these, some of the old ones were lacking in quality.

• It’ll all be done within the next 6 weeks. You will be able to purchase just the ATC separately if you want, and also in a downloadable format, but I don’t have pricing information yet. We’ll have the pricing information available before the series is posted.

• ccieanna says:

Hi Brian

Is it possible to upload the videos of week one as it over or once the all the processing is done?

Otherwise we have to wait for 6 weeks to watch the awesome videos.

12. Ian Finlayson says:

Excellent Brian!!!
    I had the HD version full screen on my MAC at 2500×1450 resolution and it looked perfect, while my iPhone 4 was also streaming in the Medium BW sample also.
    Product for recording was excellent also, no lag at all unlike the ACP before which could be a nightmare at times.

Really looking forward to downloading these products now and putting them on my mobile devices and Laptops etc. There will be no excuse not to study them now :)

BTW if you haven’t got around to NTP yet in the services, could you give this a really thorough going over, there are a few of us struggling with this whereby dependencies are going insane and invalid for no apparent reason, then they sync up again after a while, it’s a nightmare of a technology for what should be something really straightforward :)

Anyway, great work on the new product and am looking forward to running through them all when ready!!

13. [...] and can be sniffed. The below URL is a link to an excellent video from INE describing the above. BPDU Filter Explained 2011, 13 minutes by BM – INE GA_googleAddAttr("AdOpt", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Origin", "other"); [...]

14. Fred says:

Hi Brian,

Streams look good on my laptop (1280 * 1024) – only the low bandwidth version looks vastly different, the rest appear to be the same. (I suspect at higher resolutions it will be more noticable)

One thing please – Can you ask the post production team to tighten the stream sycronisation please ? I have noticed when viewing some of your existing modules that the sound drifts from the video. (You can observe this more easily when the trainers use a console that has a timer showing the session against the display time of Adobe) The sound runs at normal speed but the videos run slightly faster so by the end of them they are 10seconds+ out.

Keep up the good work.

15. Deepak Arora says:

I hope you are covering all topics I suggested in ATC poll :-)

Also I would suggest to keep either ATC or OLS series open for a while after you finish ATC so that people can come up with ideas or any topics they feel are important to be covered. Just gives some flexability to customers :-)

In the mean while would you or Petr mind doing a post on MPLS VPN and it’s troubleshooting. I got feedback from people that many of them failed lab just because it took them so much time in TS.

A strategy to troubleshoot MPLS VPN and insight look on how it works will be a great help.

16. shady says:

Can we consider the new ATC more like a deep dive series for all technologies in the R&S Blue Print

17. 2beone says:

Is is doable to release the CODs in stages?

18. Marc says:

I already have the access to the existing ATC class on demand, is the new version your talking about a new purchase?

19. Finally, I am able to get the training on my IPAD 2. It looks awesome!!!! It comes at a good time for me cause, i am restarting to heavily prepare for the CCIE. Next step is to be able to download the contents offline.

Good job INE, as always.

20. Tarik says:

it’s a real pleasure to see Brians back in ATC instead of Anthony.
    It’s out of topic but is there a plan for like this high quality ATC in SP track ?

21. Deepak Arora says:

Kindly try to cover Cat QOS extensively in new version specially SRR.

22. lee says:

Hi WHen will we be able to down load this on demand ..? as I currently have and adv tech subscription.