Jul

We’re pleased to announce that our recently announced, highly anticipated CCNA Voice course is available for both streaming and download from our global CDN. Containing everything you need to take and pass the CCNA Voice exam (640-461 ICOMM v8), this new course consists of 124 videos totaling over 70 hours of hands down the best CCNA Voice training on the market today.  As an All Access Pass subscriber the online streaming version is included at no additional charge. You may also download it now for just $199 or as an All Access Pass subscriber you can download it for only $99.

Each of the 124 videos can be individually downloaded without the need to download the whole class. This will enable you to selectively load them onto any computer or mobile device and watch them at your leisure. Although we do not place any DRM on the files themselves we do limit each purchase to two downloads per video.

We hope to release our CCNP Voice course sometime early next week – complete with 130 additional videos, and over 85 additional hours of mostly hands-on demonstration along of course with some lecture, so check back often!

About Mark Snow, CCIE #14073:

Mark Snow has been actively working with data and traditional telephony as a Network Consulting Engineer since 1995, and has been working with Cisco Call Manager and voice-over technology since 1998. Mark has been actively teaching and developing content for the CCIE Voice track since 2005, and the Security track since 2007. Mark's story with both data and voice technology started out quite young, as he began learning around the age of five from his father who was a patented inventor and a research scientist at AT&T Bell Laboratories. Mark started out on Unix System V and basic analog telephony, and went on from there to large data networking projects with technologies such as Banyan Vines, IPX and of course IP, and large phone systems such as Nortel 61c, Tadiran Coral, Avaya Definity and of course Cisco Unified Communications Manager in both enterprise and 911 PSAP environments across the US and internationally. Mark is also an accomplished pilot and punched his ticket in 2001. When Mark isn't learning, labing, consulting or teaching, he can be found either piloting or possibly jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, hanging off a rock somewhere or else skiing out west. He also might just be enjoying a quiet day at the beach with his wife and two wonderful young kids, Ryleigh and Judah.

Find all posts by Mark Snow, CCIE #14073 | Visit Website

33 Responses to “CCNA Voice Course Released!”

1. Antonio says:

Excellent news Mark!! keep up that great work!

2. kenyonej says:

amazing! I’m definitely going to purchase…my former employer purchased a ccna voice course for me from another vendor, and it has about a little over 9 hours of runtime. this doesn’t compare to the 74 hours your course has! wow, i can’t wait to get this

3. Sam says:

Will I receive an upgrade to the latest CCNA Voice VOD since I had purchased the old one.
    I also have the old CCNP voice. Will the members get a free upgrade?

4. nexthop says:

Best training videos from ine as always. Looking to purchase. Mark, i got a question, in your earlier blog you said there would be low, high and HD versions of videos for ccna and ccnp voice. but i only find low and high avail for the samples, is HD version going to be avail later? to me, high res is not good enough for full screen on desktop, especially reading your CM config demo screens. HD in ine’s other videos are great. i know i am getting old, not sure if it’s a good idea to get into this now, lol. also, i can only view these inside a browser or full screen, is there any way i can resize the video screen?

• Hi Nexthop,

They sure are, they are just taking a while to upload. They should be done uploading tomorrow, and be visible sometime on Monday.
      As for resize the video, hmmm, I don’t think there are currently any options other than the native size in the browser and the fullscreen, although I know that we are busy coding and adding new features all the time, so it very well may be one of the ones our web team has on the roadmap — I’ll check and get back to you.

Kind Regards,
      Mark

• Nexthop says:

Mark and Brian. I see HD contents now and I totally forgot about the zoom function. Thank you for your help.

• Your browser’s zoom function will increase the video size. For Windows this is CTRL +, for MacOS it’s Apple +

5. VoiceInsider says:

Hello,

Mark can you let me know the estimate time for the Voice DD will be available on the new format? I have got serious problem watching on the current format, alot of delay on the voice. Not good for anyone who is learning at moment.

Please keep us update, adding it per module will be fine for us.

King Regards

• Hi VoiceInsider,

Sure can. First off, most of the Deep Dives have been used as part of the new CCNA and CCNP Voice content, as you must know everything in the Voice DD’s (sans 5 hours of UCCX), plus a whole lot more, in order to be ready and pass those newly updated certifications. So if you happen to have an All Access Pass, then you already have access to them all on the new CDN. However, to answer your question more directly, they should be available for delivery in our new CDN format this week – hopefully by tomorrow or Wednesday.

Kind Regards,
      Mark

6. Ovais says:

Dear Mark,

In your reply to voiceinsider, are you referring to voice deep dives ? will they be available in new format ??, because i had access to module 3, and there is sync issue with audio and video, if only that issue is solved, i think there is no match to deep dives (even now there isnt :-) )

Again i am not flattering but INE has surely showed their contribution to community by AAP. A step only since vendor can take for its valued customer.

Thanks to Brians, Petr and You :-)

• Hi Ovais,

Yes sir I am, and that will certainly fix the audio sync issue, as well as any other you were having when the Deep Dive was hosted on our old Adobe Connect server.

And BTW, if you think that the Deep Dives were the bees knees, you should check out the new CCNA and CCNP Voice videos, as they are almost all of the Deep Dives (sans the 5 hours of UCCX), but along with a LOT more great videos (such as on CCD via SAF). If you have an All Access Pass subscription, you can start watching all of it at any time.

:Kind Regards,
      Mark

7. Karol says:

Hi Mark
    First of all sorry for question not related to topic
    But i miss one training in INE. IPv6FD 3.0
    Does INE plan to add this training to his offer? Bcz. IPv6 is kinda very hot topic atm.

Sry for not so good english.

8. VoiceInsider says:

Thank you Mark.

Regards

9. Ovais says:

WOW !!!

I didnt get it, basically i am confused on 2 parts :-(

1) Have you released CCNP voice as well ?

2) you said “CCNA and CCNP Voice videos, as they are almost all of the Deep Dives (sans the 5 hours of UCCX)” does it mean that this course includes the videos from Deep dives ? or you have made seperate videos for CCNA voice and CCNP voice ?

Pls dont mind if i am asking too much :-)

• Hi Ovais,

Answer to Q1: The CCNP Voice videos have been completed for weeks. They were being edited by our video team – that’s done. I believe a few of those videos are still being rendered out to the 3 Low/High/HD resolutions we offer in H.264, as well as being uploaded to our CDN servers. Once that’s done, you’ll be able to access them here, but strictly speaking – they’re not released quite yet.

Answer to Q2: The CCNA Voice and CCNP Voice courses now contain a bulk majority of the the Voice Deep Dives, as everything that had been captured during those live sessions was completely relevant, and necessary knowledge, to the CCNA/CCNP Voice candidate. In addition, I recorded many, many more hours of footage to round out the playlists to be a complete NA/NP Voice learning package. All-in-all there are 160 hours of footage between the two playlists. The original Voice Deep Dives, complete with the 5 hours of UCCX, will be in another separate but single video playlist here shortly, and I’ll post the link to that once that’s up and ready.

Kind Regards,
      Mark

10. AKM says:

A bit confused……
    So, is Deep Dive sufficient for CCIE Voice or
    CCNA VOD—>CCNP VOD—>Adv tech Class—>Bootcamp VOD.

Will Deep Dives be kept up to date and new modules added or will it become static over time?

• Hi AKM,

Deep Dives are great for CCIE as well. They were intended to fill in the gaps of knowledge that people had when beginning studying for the CCIE Voice. Truth is, 95% of what is needed to be known for the CCIE Voice (in terms of conceptual knowledge) should be fully acquired at the NA/NP Voice level, and then learn about another 5%, and take all of that and apply it in a practical, lab-based manner for readiness for a lab attempt. So then, once we recorded another full 56 hours of CCIE Voice Advanced Technologies Class, and another 21 hours of CCIE Voice 5-Day Bootcamp, we had quite enough that we could easily repurpose the previously designated CCIE Voice Deep Dives in with a great deal of additional videos to become the new NA/NP Voice content. As for them becoming stale, not sure what you mean by that – they were already completed, and we kept adding to them for NA/NP Voice, and the concept of the Deep Dives lives on in our R/S and Voice products, and in fact will be soon revisited with upcoming Data Center – Nexus Deep Dives.

The current path (and I will be posting a big write-up on this probably on Friday) is as follows:
      CCNA Voice VOD –> CCNP Voice VOD –> CCIE Voice Advanced Technologies Class VOD –> CCIE Voice Workbook Volume I labs –> CCIE Voice 5-Day Bootcamp VOD –> CCIE Voice Workbook Volume II labs –> CCIE Voice Lab Preparation Bootcamp (Live) –> CCIE Voice Mock Lab Workshop (Live) –> CCIE Voice Graded Mock Labs (Remote)

Kind Regards,
      Mark

11. AKM says:

Thanks Mark!

12. VoiceInsider says:

Hi Mark,

Let me know what exactly on the bootcamp? Thats it overlap any of this courses?

My path is: CCIE Voice ATC –> DD –> Wb I –> Wb II –> finally Voice Bootcamp (Live) and Mocks

• Hi VoiceInsider,

I would actually highly encourage you to do the DDs first (which, as mentioned, are now embedded here and here, and then move on to the ATC, along with WB I then WB II and the live Bootcamp. The reason is, the DD’s (now embedded in those courses) give a lot more foundational depth, and the ATC is much more geared toward some of the finer points of the CCIE Voice Lab specifically.

Cheers,
      Mark

13. Ovais says:

Totally awesome !!

Kindly just 2 more queries then i will zip it :-)

1) If possible can you kindly share the tentative date for the release of CCNP voice as well ?

2) Its unnecassary to ask, but just out of excitement, the new CCNP voice course also includes the videos for SNA ? the new topic introduced in CIPT2 ?

• Hi Ovais,

No worries.
      1) CCNP Voice should be released today, in fact.
      2) Do you mean SAF (Service Advertisement Framework) and the CCD (Call Control Discovery) which uses SAF as it’s dynamic routing mechanism? If so, then the answer is most certainly yes, I have 4 1/2 hours dedicated to every aspect of that topic here, beginning with video 74 running through video 79. There is 30 minutes of basic concept, slides and whiteboarding, and then there is 4 hours of hands-on demonstration, as is our MO, and we finish up about 20 minutes of “Inter-Cluster RSVP via SIP Preconditions” — CAC being something very important when routing calls between clusters, and impossible to provide in a topology-aware fashion before CUCM v8.

HTH!
      Mark

14. VoiceInsider says:

hi

I hope the Voice DD on the new format is running today.

Regards

• Hi VoiceInsider,

It will have a playlist of its own here in a day or two, but for now, if you have an All Access Pass, then it already is inside the CCNA Voice and CCNP Voice playlists! ;-)

Cheers,
      Mark

15. Ovais says:

This is totally awesome !!!!

Frankly, i have never seen a product so complete before.

Thanks alot Mark. And waiting for your official announcement of CCNP voice :-)

This is offtopic but if you can pls let us know when will be the new CCNP security class out as well ? I know i am asking too much, but i have contacted sales and they are no doubt alot supportive but even they couldnt give any tentative date. Since you are in contact with Brian, can you kindly ask him that a customer (also a fan :-) ) is asking for any update on CCNP security, so that he can let us know.

Hope you will not mind

• Hi Ovais,

Thanks for the kind words. We are certainly giving it everything we have and looking to add to it even more still.
      As for the CCNP Security, I can tell you that Brian McGahan is currently in the middle of the CCIE Security ATC course, and I would imagine that the CCNP Security won’t be very far behind it at all. I’ll try to get a more firm date for you.

Kind Regards,
      Mark

16. Gaurav Madan says:

Hi Mark

Since I am a beginner in voice area ; I have one question .. once I buy your CCNA and CCVP videos and I am going through them ; do you also have racks designed on same topology (which I can rent) so as to get more grip .. I mean is there a different topology for your professional level and expert level certs .

Sorry to ask basic question . But I followed this approach while I was doing CCIE R$S as well and that worked for me .

Thanks
    Gaurav Madan
    CCIE

• Hi Gaurav,

Great question. The answer is that we currently have Voice racks for rental that will allow you to practice about 98% of what you might encounter in the CCNA Voice and CCNP Voice exams, and 100% of what you might encounter in the CCIE Voice exam. We are however, currently in the process of updating all of our Voice racks to be in 100% compatibility with even the lower CCNA Voice and CCNP Voice exams as well, and we hope to have those minor updates available in just a few weeks. All of that is to say that I would feel comfortable telling you that if you begin your studies now, that by the time you get to anything needing the few 2% updates to our racks, that we should have them securely in place by the time that you come to needing them (about in the middle of your CCNP Voice studies, but probably not until then).

Kind Regards,
      Mark

• Gaurav Madan says:

Thanks Mark for the reply .
        As I am near to start this journey .. I hope that things will go smooth ..

Also if possible ; please post a physical / logical view of how your Voice lab looks like and equipments used there .

Thnx
        Gaurav Madan

• Hi Gaurav,

I hope your studying goes well also. Smoothly may not always accurately define studying, as there are almost always growing pains with studying something new – however I do think that if you stick with it, your studies will go well.

As for the topology, you can find out everything that you need to know about our setup by looking at both our Hardware Specifications as well as our Rack Rental Access Guide. The only differences between those guides and what is used for the CCNA Voice and CCNP Voice videos, are the versions of servers – for the NA and NP levels we use UC version 8.x servers in keeping with the current exams.

17. Vignesh says:

Hello Mark,

I have purchased CCNA Voice in download format. When I was viewing some modules, I could see there is some issue on the sync between Audio and Video. Please let me know if you could do something to resolve this as I am finding difficult to listen to your teaching.

Thanks,
    Vignesh

• Hi Vignesh,

Thanks for pointing this minor problem out. We very much appreciate it!
      All of these A/V sync issues have been corrected, and the relevant files re-uploaded now. Please take a look at them and let us know what you think of our response and our fix to the problem.

Cheers,