Sep

Edit: This topology has been deprecated and replaced by a similar but simpler topology used in INE’s CCIE SPv3 Lab Workbook.  More information about this topology is available here.

Per the request of many candidates, I’ve finished putting the final touches on the hardware topology that will be used for our new CCIE SPv3.0 Advanced Technologies Class and Workbooks.  The topology consists of 20 routers – 2 of which are IOS XR 3.9.1,  6 of which are 7200VXRs, and 12 of which are 2600XMs – and 2 Catalyst ME3400 switches.

If you are interested in beta testing any of the content I’m working on for the upcoming CCIE SPv3 Advanced Technologies Class or CCIE SPv3 Workbook email me at bmcgahan@ine.com with the subject line CCIE SPv3 Beta. More details of the class, workbook, and rack rentals will be posted in the coming weeks.

The specific details of the topology are as follows:

About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:

Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 10 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.

Find all posts by Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13 | Visit Website

41 Responses to “INE’s New CCIE Service Provider Version 3.0 Topology Finalized”

1. That’s is amazing News Brian.:-)

2. jack says:

Hi Brian,

Great to see INE would be the first CCIE Sp V3.0 training provider.

Just wanted to know one thing whether this topology & hardware used is identical to the lab equipment list mentioned by Cisco.

jack

3. Rizzo says:

wooohhhhh wow

…And cost to build Rack?? I hope its not 1 million dollar question too. hehehe

4. Naveen says:

Good work, Brian. Could you please model the core using both IOS and IOS-XR boxes (both PE and P router positions) ? The Cisco sample lab includes a good mixture, and well-thought positions for routers playing PE and P-router roles.

5. Yasir Ashfaque says:

Thanks, when will you release the workbooks ??

6. Alex S says:

Nice one, looks very promising!

Although, I am not sure how many rack rentals or even community labs will be able to pull out something like this … while 7200s and most other routers/switches are bearable, it’s not like you can easily grab GSR, 7600 or CRS off ebay :-( HW requirements for practicing are a bit steep.

7. Miguel Villarreal says:

This is what i have been waiting for thank you INE for your efforts. Looking forward to getting doing v3.

8. Miguel Villarreal says:

This is what I have been waiting for, Thank you INE for your efforts.

9. Big Evil says:

Hot damm – sweet!

10. Joacim says:

Great news! Looking forward to the workbook :)

11. Deepak Arora says:

Are there any plans for coming up with following products for SPv3 candidates ?

SP 12 day bootcamp COD
    SP Technology deep dives for following :
    - IS-IS
    - ATM
    - IOS XR
    - MPLS
    - MPLS TE
    - ATOM/VPLS
    - SONET/SDH/DWDM

SP workbooks with detailed breakdown like INE vol 1/2 for R&S

SP Audio On Demand

12. Maher El Zein says:

When INE will release the CCIE SPv3 ATC and the WBs?

13. Will GradedLabs also provide this lab session?

14. Ernest says:

Excellent news! Cant wait for the ATC and Workbooks to be finally released!
    BTW Brian whats the expected date for release of the new SP materials? Thank you.

15. Yannick says:

Lovely

Can’t wait to see the workbook !!

16. Mihai says:

Thank you for such quality news! As a long-time subscriber I’m eagerly :-) waiting for the workbooks ….

17. Yasser Baghabra says:

Looks Great , Am waiting for ATC and to restart my run into SP :)

18. John Marshal says:

Really i love this topology format, i want to say lot of thanks for Brain.

19. Jeff says:

Wonderful! Looking forward to this!

20. [...] Brian McGahan posted on the INE blog the information – you can read the post here – LINK. From what his post says, their topology will consists of 20 routers including two GSR 12000 [...]

21. Barry says:

Brian, with only a single GSR, it looks as though you’ll be running SDR. I didn’t think SDR would support all of the functionality for the SP Exam, can you lease confirm?

22. Tuan Anh Nguyen says:

I will buy the new CCIE SP workbooks right when they are published. I am looking for them, so excited!

23. timaz says:

I’m waiting to see your great and complete SPv3 materials (including AT CoD, AoD, preparing VoD, and actually workbooks) as soon as possible. I would like to pursue SP track after RS. and if it’s possible for you, would you mind, please, preparing a detailed study plan for SP track too? that is what many people are looking for it… tnx a lot!

24. Jimbob says:

Is there a date for when INE will publish 3.0 material?

My boss is kicking my a*** to take the lab!

25. misbah mumtaz says:

in start of page its wirtten ” 2 of which are IOS XR 3.9.1 ” but in table
    QTY is 1 ( one ) for Cisco GSR8/40 . so there are two IOS XR or One IOS Xr Router. plaese calrify.
    thanks.

26. many says:

Brian, do you have an eta on workbook v3?

27. Ravi B says:

HI Brain,
    Thank you so much for the info on this thread.
    I am in the process of setting up my Rack and have the following questions.
    (1) Can I use 2811′s (12) instead of 2611 XM (12).
    (2) Can I use 3560 switches (2) instead of ME3400 (2).
    (3) Can I use ASR9k instead of CRS ?

Regards
    Ravi

28. Joe Brunner says:

As a managed services provider who supports Cisco hardware – and offers a replacement router to companies who cant afford smartnet proper -

Question -

With ISR’s being so cheap on ebay -

Why would you want the risk/cost of even using 2600XM anything these days?

Why not just do the whole kit in 3800′s & 2800′s with some 7206VXR’s, etc and some IOS XR’s as required?

Translation: why burden US with dealing with that old crap as well?

29. Casey D says:

Hi All, Did this ever going into production? The rack rentals are still 10x routers 2 switches. Just want to make sure I get the full information thanks.