Oct

INE’s long awaited CCIE Service Provider Advanced Technologies Class is now available! But first, congratulations to Tedhi Achdiana who just passed the CCIE Service Provider Lab Exam! Here’s what Tedhi had to say about his preparation:

Finally i passed my CCIE Service Provider Lab exam in Hongkong on Oct, 17 2011. I used your CCIE Service Provider Printed Materials Bundle. This product makes me deep understand how the Service Provider technology works, so it doesn`t matter when Cisco has changed the SP Blueprint. You just need to practise with IOS XR and finding similiar command in IOS platform.

Thanks to INE and keep good working !

Tedhi Achdiana
CCIE#30949 – Service Provider

The CCIE Service Provider Advanced Technologies Class covers the newest CCIE SP Version 3.0 Blueprint, including the addition of IOS XR hardware. Class topics include Catalyst ME3400 switching, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS Layer 3 VPNs (L3VPN), Inter-AS MPLS L3VPNs, IPv6 over MPLS with 6PE and 6VPE, AToM and VPLS based MPLS Layer 2 VPNs (L2VPN), MPLS Traffic Engineering, Service Provider Multicast, and Service Provider QoS. Understanding the topics covered in this class will ensure that students are ready to tackle the next step in their CCIE preparation, applying the technologies themselves with INE’s CCIE Service Provider Lab Workbook, and then finally taking and passing the CCIE Service Provider Lab Exam!

Streaming access is available for All Access Pass subscribers for as low as $65/month! Download access can be purchased here for $299. AAP members can additionally upgrade to the download version for $149.

Sample videos from class can be found after the break:

The detailed outline of class is as follows:

• Introduction
  • Catalyst ME3400 Switching
  • Frame Relay / HDLC / PPP & PPPoE
  • IS-IS Overview / Level 1 & Level 2 Routing
  • IS-IS Network Types / Path Selection & Route Leaking
  • IS-IS Route Leaking on IOS XR / IOS XR Routing Policy Language (RPL)
  • IS-IS IPv6 Routing / IS-IS Multi Topology
  • Inter AS MPLS L3VPN Option C – ASBRs Peering BGP+Label Part 2
  • Carrier Supporting Carrier (CSC) MPLS L3VPN
  • MPLS Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) Overview
  • Ethernet over MPLS L2VPN AToM
  • PPP & Frame Relay over MPLS L2VPN AToM
  • MPLS L2VPN AToM Interworking
  • Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS)
  • MPLS Traffic Engineering (TE) Overview
  • MPLS TE Configuration
  • MPLS TE on IOS XR / LDP over MPLS TE Tunnels
  • MPLS TE Fast Reroute (FRR) Link and Node Protection
  • Service Provider Multicast
  • Service Provider QoS

Additionally completely new versions of INE CCIE Service Provider Lab Workbook Volumes I & II are on their way, and should be released before the end of the year. Stay tuned for more information on the workbook and rack rental availability!

About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:

Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 10 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.

Find all posts by Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13 | Visit Website

43 Responses to “CCIE SPv3 Advanced Technologies Class Now Available”

1. Sam says:

I have the CCIE SP VOD. However there are only 3 videos for Inter-AS. does this cover all that is mention in the blog contents?

2. Yannick says:

Nice !

Brian, you said “Some more are in the process of getting uploaded.”

So I guess this could also explain why I am not able to download titles 27,28 and 29. Are they still in the process of uploading as well ?

3. Vinod Prasad says:

This is really great news !!! I think INE is the first to launch VoD on SP track, really appreciate it !!! Also many congrats and thanks for Tedhi Achdiana for successfully achieving CCIE status and sharing his views this is really helpful.

Hi Brain,
    any details and availability of Work books covering v3 ?

4. Maher, CCIE #21032 says:

An amazing achievement for INE and for you Brian McGahan… among all instructors in the world, you are the first trainer train the CCIE SPv3… As I’m configuring on IOS-XR everyday I’ve checked the video quality… The course is perfect. You are the best!

5. Yannick, CCIE # 20413 says:

Brian

I was finally able to download them after clearing my cache. thanks

the subjects below are not available for download yet even though they are included in your outline :

Inter AS MPLS L3VPN Option B – ASBRs Peering VPNv4
    Inter AS MPLS L3VPN Option C – ASBRs Peering BGP+Label Part 1
    Inter AS MPLS L3VPN Option C – ASBRs Peering BGP+Label Part 2
    Carrier Supporting Carrier (CSC) MPLS L3VPN
    MPLS Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) Overview
    Ethernet over MPLS L2VPN AToM
    PPP & Frame Relay over MPLS L2VPN AToM
    MPLS L2VPN AToM Interworking
    Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS)

So this is most likely what you referring to when you mentioned that all content were not uploaded yet , correct ? so we should expect to see these topics to show up at some point right ?

P.S : Tedhi , Congrats on passing your lab. I will be looking to follow in your footsteps early 2012 !!!! :-)

6. VoiceInsider says:

Hello Brian,

Congratulations about the new SPv3 contect, its enable INE (you) as first source and most trusted for SPv3, as nobody yet delivery them. Anyways congratulations, after my voice track I will be going back to my SP studies.

Let me know if will have bootcamp schedule planned for the 2012?

Regards

7. alex says:

Brian – what’s the rough cost of the rack session for sp. How many xr12000 routers will be there. Will you be using SRD. How many hours is each rack session and how many racks will be there.

• We don’t have a set price for the racks yet, but it will be fairly close to our current CCIE R&S pricing. There will be two XR instance per rack. They both share the same chassis but are two different SDRs. Rack session length will be 5.5 hours, the same as the other tracks.

8. Ernest says:

Hi Brian, thank you very much for this much waited update! But I see that multiple topics from the official Cisco blueprint (https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10145) are not here: bgp, sonet, HA, security, netflow to mention a few.. so I have some questions:
    1. Do you cover the entire the entire Cisco SPv3 blueprint in this updated ATC?
    2. How come the total duration of SPv3 ATC is 21h54m and R&S is 81h59m?! Why such a big difference almost 4 times!

Thank you!

• BGP, Packet over Sonet, and High Availability are covered in class. BGP is one of the largest areas of focus of the class and of the exam. Not every single possible topic on the blueprint is covered in class, only the most important ones.

The recommended prerequisite for CCIE SPv3 is a CCIE in Routing & Switching, or at least a CCIE R&S level of knowledge of general networking topics. This way in class I am able to focus on the “pure” Service Provider topics without having to cover the background in some of the technologies like Frame Relay, Ethernet Switching, basic IP Routing, RIP, etc. This is part of the reason why the R&S ATC is much larger, because it does cover all of these topics in detail.

If you aren’t already at CCIE R&S level then you may consider pursuing that first, as you can’t learn the advanced level of the topics without already knowing the foundation level of the topics. If you just need to brush up on some of these then you can use the CCIE R&S ATC as a supplement to the CCIE SPv3 ATC. Remember if you’re an All Access Pass subscriber you already get access to *all* of our video content, so you can pick and choose which topics you want to see from which classes.

Good luck in your studies!

• sourabh says:

hello brian,

Is it really required to be a CCIE R&S before attempting CCIE SPv3? as I am working in SP env since my first job therefore I am more interested in routing and mpls area..

what is your suggestion on this?

thanks and regards,
        sourabh

9. Daniel Dib says:

Hey guys,

Having issues downloading files 27, 28 and 29. Tried resetting cache. Any other suggestions? :)

10. Abdullah says:

Brian, any news about Data Center Track ?

11. Mbong Hudson says:

This is the most amazing news I have just read on the Internet. I am downloading the movies and over the weekend, I will go through all of them the first time.

Patiently, I will wait for the workbooks. In the meantime, I am going through the routing and switching topics in RS volume 2 to be up to date with the basics of routing and switching.

Fabulous. Thank you

12. Sam says:

What’s the ETA for the remaining videos to be posted into our accounts.
    Do you plan to conduct 5-day bootcamps for this track?

13. Kwame says:

How do I get to the class notes (topology, etc) for SPv3 videos?

14. Victor says:

Brian ,

INE Members that already bought Service Provider Advanced Technologies Class-on-Demand v1.1 , will get in their account access to new CCIE SPv3 Advanced Technologies Class ?

Victor

15. Asif Khan says:

Brain i can’t download CCIE Service Provider Advanced Technologies Class newly updated last videos

16. Yannick, CCIE #20413 says:

Thanks for the update

Any idea when the last 2 titles will be ready ? These are

Service Provider Multicast
    Service Provider QoS

Cheers

17. Ramanpreet Singh says:

Thanks Brian for Live ATC class and Beta testing. It really helped me to achieve my CCIE SPv3 #31549.

INE played a instrumental role in getting my CCIE.

• Vinod Prasad says:

Many congrats Ramanpreet Singh !!!, can you share with us the preparation Strategy and approach to achieve CCIE v3 SP.

18. Tedhi Achdiana says:

Hi guys,

I`m glad to hear that INE already released CCIE SPv3 material. It should help to candidates to prepare their exam lab. I have already see the detailed outline of class as above information and its really meet with the technology which is have test on the exam lab.

For additional information, i have written my lab SPv3 experiences in http://projectavatar.net/blogs/73/152/ccie-lab-spv3 .

hope this help.

Good luck for you all..

Thanks,

19. Yannick, CCIE # 20413 says:

Thanks for sharing this Tedhi and Congrats on passing your lab

I am patiently waiting for the SPv3 INE workbooks to be released, then I will go full throttle in my preparation.

from what you are describing, the lab format is pretty close to the sample lab that the CCIE SP product manager released a while ago.

Good to know :-)

20. Tedhi Achdiana says:

Hi Yannick,

Yes, the sample lab from Vincent Zhou is really helpfull. It approximally 85% covering the topic that tested on the lab.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/149547#149547 . There are 7 files from different pages.

You may using this sample lab while waiting SPv3 INE Workbooks.

Have a nice study..!

21. eddyd42 says:

Hi Brian, these videos are great!!, when can we get the last 2 videos?
    Service Provider Multicast
    Service Provider QoS

I’m almost there.

thanks.

22. Kate Griaznova says:

If anyone is preparing for the SP without having taken the RS first, it is a good idea to get both the RS and SP ADV tech downloads. The RS VODs cover the basics extremely well and helped me understand the SP material better.

• eddyd42 says:

Yeah actually im taking the SP first, in fact it is a good idea, without the RS knowledge its easy to get lost.

23. Matt says:

What is the format of the downloaded videos? Can they be used on iPad/iPhone?

24. [...] CCIE SPv3 from INE Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. [...]