May

R&S CCIE Training Video Updates:
As most of you already know we’ve totally redone nearly all of the R&S CCIE training videos over the past year. I’ve removed for sale the vast major of what I will call for lack of a better term, sub-par, R&S CCIE videos that were done in the past by some of our former instructors. After being gone for nearly two years and coming back a year ago I reviewed the quality of the videos in question and the feedback from our customers and decided that these videos where not up to the traditional standard of INE’s products and services. We will continue to add more R&S CCIE videos in the future but they will only be done by Brian McGahan or myself.

R&S CCIE Workbook Updates:
We are in the process of testing out a few options to move the workbooks away from a traditional MS Word document format for authoring and PDF for the final product release. This legacy format makes it hard to make even the smallest change without becoming a major project. We are looking into switching over to a web based format (i.e. wikipedia style) that will allow for a faster updating process and better overall reader experience. We will still offer the PDFs for offline viewing and printing but the latest version will always be available through your members site account. By moving it to the web you will be able to optimize and customize your flow through the products. My personal goal is to move away from a separate product model (R&S Vol I, Vol II, ATC Videos, Mock Labs, etc, etc, etc) to a single all encompassing product (workbook and videos) by the end of 2012.

New Troubleshooting labs for Volume II are going to be in beta starting in June with final release by the end of June. We’re updating the configuration labs after the TS labs are released. The new Volume III will be released starting this week. I’m working on some changes to the Volume I workbook and hoping to start releasing them next month also.

R&S CCIE Rack Updates:
We’re currently using the Cisco 360 topology for my live bootcamps and will start to rent out the racks to customers in June when I’m not running a live bootcamp. The topology is identical using all ISRs (1841, 2811, 3825) and four 3560s but the material is 100% INE’s. Additionally the traditional INE R&S topology will be updated to remove the 2600XMs and consolidate the backbone routers starting in June. Not much will change other than the Serial interfaces on R1 and R2 from S0/0 and S0/1 to S0/0/0 and S0/1/0. All R&S rack rentals will also move to a 3 hour rental block as opposed to the standard 6 hour block. This will allow for more flexible starting and ending times.

R&S CCIE Troubleshooting Bootcamp and Racks:
I’m running the first R&S CCIE Troubleshooting bootcamp the following week here in Bellevue. We have 14 dedicated Troubleshooting racks each using 27 1841s, 1 2811 (FRS) and 4 3550s. You will be able to rent these racks in June in 3 hour blocks and access the same lab material that is used in the Troubleshooting live bootcamp. We will also be beta testing instantaneous grading for them in late June/early July.

Lastly I would like to once again extend the invitation out to any former student who attended an INE bootcamp that wasn’t taught by me to reseat one of my bootcamps. Contact Jeremy Brown at jbrown@ine.com or myself directly.

About Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210:

Brian Dennis has been in the networking industry for more than 22 years, with a focus on Cisco networking for the past 16 years. Brian achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching in 1996, and is currently the only ten year CCIE that holds five CCIE certifications. Prior to working with INE, Brian taught and developed CCIE preparation courses for various well known training organizations. Brian not only brings his years of teaching experience to the classroom, but also years of real world enterprise and service provider experience.

Find all posts by Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 | Visit Website

58 Responses to “INE R&S CCIE Product and Rack Updates – May 2012”

1. Ricardo Simba says:

Hi Brian,

Thanks for such updates and I’ve few questions.

Will the Mock Labs’ tshoot section updated to use the 28 routers topology?

Will it be in the future an International Troubleshooting Bootcamp as well?

Thanks,

2. dcancerian says:

Much awaited products seem to me released soon by the INE. I hope it should not get delayed further.

3. Eric says:

Could you list the exact components required to build the new Volume 1/2 topology? Something similar to http://www.ine.com/topology.htm would be great.

Thanks.

• The existing topology will still work 100%. Only the serial interface will change from S0/0 and S0/1 to S0/0/0 and S0/1/0 on R1 and R2. We’re just upgrading to ISRs and consolidating the BBs.

• dheskett says:

Hi Brian

So will the BB routers change?

At the moment you have BB1 (Frame) BB2 & BB3 as 2500

I’m just putting together my lab, will the existing kit still work with the new books? I only got CCIE R&S Lab Workbook Volume I
        on the 04/06/2012

Thanks

4. CarlosG2 says:

This is great! Thanks INE.

I am wondering, are the “New Troubleshooting labs for Volume II” gonna use the 27router topology of the Tshoot bootcamp? Or will it still use the topology for Configuration labs? How about the Vol.4 tshoot labs?

Regards,
    Carlos

5. Nadeem Rafi says:

What will be the future of products which we have purchased, or these products will be discontinued under the present name and relaunched in different format and with different name?

6. CarlosG2 says:

Great!
    when will the new Mock labs be released?

7. AKM says:

INE is on Steroids. :-)

Will be great to sit one of your R&S Bootcamps but can’t make it this year. Will try in 2013.
    Any plans for running SP Bootcamps?

8. bhardley says:

Hi Brian,is there any plans for Vol ll TS portion like the one you have on the normal Vol ll.

9. ananth says:

Hi Brian

Any dates for India bootcamp

Regards
    Ananth

10. Terrence Battlehunt says:

This is really great to hear companies reflect on what they are doing and decide to make change and not make excuses for past actions.

• The only option was to just update the videos and ensure everyone got the updates free of charge. This is also the reason I’m teaching so many bootcamps. I want everyone to know that the quality of some of the previous instructors is not a reflection of the quality a student should have received from INE. I’ve waived any reseat fees for students who unfortunately attended one of those bootcamps.

11. amit says:

looking forward for the 3 hour Rack Rental slots.

• Since we’ve totally redone the members site and now updating the rack control panel this was just one of the enhancements we are adding in. I want to get VPN access to all of the racks along with virtual machines added in. The virtual machines will allow for better testing and verification of the topics. Also it’ll be nice to connect in your computer to the rack directly. I do this in my bootcamps to use EEM packet capture and export the captures to my machine to open in Wireshark.

• Nadeem Rafi says:

That could be a nice addition, i would like to caputre packets for analysis and have them on my local desktop. Great feature.

12. secondsight says:

brian ,
    from your comment .
    “I’m working on some changes to the Volume I workbook and hoping to start releasing them next month also”

will the changes be extra technology or just updates to the format.

many thanks

13. cdolores04 says:

WoW this will be a great work again from INE team…I really appreciate your enormous effort for this work, what I can say is that when rack rental shift to 3 hours block I’m sure calendar will always full as it allows flexible time for the student, with this I do hope to increase also the rack rental calendar to accommodate the needs of students with respect to rack rental perce. viva INE!!!!

14. Ken says:

How (or when) can we see what devices will be which models in the end? i.e. will all the current 2600s…become 2811s, and the 1841 remain 1841s, etc? Also with regards to consolidating the backbone routers..does that mean reducing the number of BBs, or just relocating the function to one of the (R1-R6) devices?
    Thanks.

• R1 and R2 will be 1841′s and R3 will be a 2811. The BBs are just going to be combined into a single box using VRFs but still appear to be 3 separate BBs. If you have the current setup you’ll be 100% compatible.

15. Manish Salaria says:

Brian,

If the rack rental shift to 3 hour, i hope then less token would consume,

Can you tell me how much rack token will take for 3 hour rack time.

Thanks
    Manish

16. ananth says:

When exactly the 3 hours rack rentals will be operational?

17. Ahmed says:

Brian,

Is there any plan to make an online bootcamp and have it recorded? I really miss your online courses since I cannot attend any of your live bootcamps. I used to attend your online bootcamps since 2007 and I really miss your way of teaching.

18. ananth says:

Online teaching by Brian, Wow great news. Please consider it Brian D

19. secondsight says:

brian,

An online version of the new CCIE R/S troubleshooting bootcamp
    would be AMAZING..

you can sign me up right now !

20. Raf says:

If you move to a single all encompassing product what about updates for someone who only has bought ATC videos ?

21. Deen Bandhu says:

This is means that Less workbooks i.e 4 to 2
    Regards,

22. Mikis says:

I hope the 3 hour rental block will be also applicable for Security racks

23. Steven says:

So the Advance class with Mark Snow and Brian is still valid ? Or is that going to change or already has been changed ?

24. Zabeel Musa says:

Not sure if already asked but will the videos be available on newer formats so they can be viewed on tablets/ipads ?

25. framejumb0 says:

when the updates coming? waiting to build my lab according to new hardware.

26. Rob says:

Is there any update as to when the R&S racks will move to the 3 hour rental block as opposed to the standard 6 hour block, as mentioned above?

Thanks

27. [...] of months ago, Brian mentioned in his blog “INE R&S CCIE Product and Rack Updates – May 2012″ the new troubleshoot rack, scenario. Yes, this will go inline with the 2 hour sections that in real [...]