May

**** Update ****

The videos for the session will be available tomorrow. A link will be included in the newsletter that’s going out tomorrow along with that I’ll be posting the link here. Additionally I want to do a three or five day online class covering PfR with labs as even though the seminar ran a full day I felt pressured to get a lot covered in that time plus I want to cover some of the new features that aren’t available in 12.4(15)T. Someone could easily see more points in PfR than say OSPF or MPLS in the CCIE lab today so it’s not a topic to take lightly. If there is enough interest I’ll run the class. We could price it around the $499 price range for the live version to include rack time for the week to do the labs. Let me know what the level of interest is and we could get it on the schedule.

****************

It’s 8:30pm here in Bellevue, WA and I just finished the PfR/OER section of the 10 Day R&S CCIE Bootcamp that was broadcast live online. The session started at 9:30am this morning with a break for lunch and we ended up with roughly 10 hours of video. We had over 5000 unique IP addresses connect during the session and at the peak we were pushing nearly 80GB with our content provider. If you didn’t attend the live session, the recording will be available at the end of this week or first part of next week. I covered everything from basic PfR/OER configurations using static routes and BGP to very advanced PfR/OER configurations using PBR with GRE tunnels. This should be what everyone needs to help them prepare for the CCIE lab and fully understand PfR/OER.

I’ll post an update once the video is available. Additionally I’ll publish the diagrams, initial configurations and some lab scenarios with final configuration so you can follow along with the video.

Lastly I’ll ensure that this video is made available to our customers free of charge. Unlike some vendors who want to nickel and dime you to death by charging you for material that should be included in their main products, I’m going to ensure if you’re an INE customer you get access to the video free of charge.

About Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210:

Brian Dennis has been in the networking industry for more than 22 years, with a focus on Cisco networking for the past 16 years. Brian achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching in 1996, and is currently the only ten year CCIE that holds five CCIE certifications. Prior to working with INE, Brian taught and developed CCIE preparation courses for various well known training organizations. Brian not only brings his years of teaching experience to the classroom, but also years of real world enterprise and service provider experience.

Find all posts by Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 | Visit Website

49 Responses to “CCIE R&S – PfR/OER Video Available Soon”

1. Glaucio says:

Congratulations Brian, it was a great session. I watched it via online and I am looking forward to get the recorded version of this precious material because I lost some parts of live stream due to the internet connection.

2. carlo says:

wow INE this is way superb work…and i’d like to give u a BIG THANKS for this work. thanks again.

3. CarlosG2 says:

whew! 10 hours.
    Thanks INE! Definitely living up to your reputation as top CCIE training company.

4. Daniel Dib says:

Looking forward to watching it. With this lecture and the upcoming updates to the workbooks you will have a big step up on the other vendors.

• The idea is to ensure you all have what you need to learn what you need to become an IE. The new TS racks and Cisco 360 racks will be available for rack starting in June also. That’s a big investment of nearly $500,000 in equipment.

5. ananth says:

Great News. Please continue the great work. The best CCIE instructors in the universe

6. Daniel says:

Nice ! 10 hours of what is without a doubt quality content. OER is total mist for me right now, so I am looking forward to watch it.

7. Tobi Babs says:

Brian, you were on form yesternight, you really took your time to explain in details. I could not finish it here though due to time zone differences, so am also looking forward to the recorded version.

8. Sham says:

DMS = Dennis, McGahan, Snow = Dynamic, Marvelous, Superb… CCIE Instructors :-)

9. secondsight says:

Really looking forward to this as the other video i have seen was alittle lightweight …

double thumbs up MrD !!!

10. Kenneth Gonzalez says:

This session was Brilliant!

Thank you Brian for bringing to light this obscure topic and making it understandable. I look forward to the recoded version.

• Thanks Ken. I really enjoyed it. Did you see that Macbook Pro I was using? I couldn’t use my Linux machine as there is some sort of copy protection with the HDMI out in the Lenovo notebook that prevented me from using it.

11. amit says:

was not able to watch it live, but looking forward to watch the recording.

12. Darren says:

Hi Brian.

I watched about 2.5 hours at the end of the work day but then had to go home as it was getting late. Unfortunately I want not able to check yet if you’ve covered the things I wanted checking. Mainly with OER you always need a parent route in order for it to actually do anything. As you were using 12.4 (15) T which is prf version 2.1 (no PIRO) this means that you need either a BGP route or a floating static.

In my own labbing I’ve been able to get traffic in policy by creating a static route with a metric of 255. This ensures it has a route, but that route is not installed into the RIB.

I think it comes down to semantics though. If the lab says no static routing, does that mean no static routes configured at all, or no static routing. i.e. active routing based on a static route in the RIB. I guess you could then argue that a floating static of 255 enables oer to route, and hence is influenced by the route.

Thoughts?

I’ll be checking the video once it’s available. Thanks to INE for giving it out free :)

13. Naren says:

10 Hours of quality content !! You guys are simply the best !!

14. Sidney says:

The session was great! I have been in Brian’s two week bootcamp here in Bellevue and I must say INE is quality when it comes to training. This new bootcamp really went deep into the technology to make you understand why and NOT just a skim over the top on how to configure. I truly feel this is the class that will put me where I need to be for my next attempt on the lab. If you have been to one of INE’s bootcamps in the pas or if you are thinking about going let me be the first to say you should. It will be time and money well spent. Again Great job Brian.

Bing it !! –

15. Hamam says:

Brian, nice MAC! I was able to attend briefly. Looking forward to seeing the posted video. Still laughing from the DC bootcamp ;-)

16. dcancerian says:

Thanks for delivering such an important technology which i think no other vendor has covered yet. I also hope we will be having many more such lectures in the future as well.

17. Deepak Arora says:

Perhaps a download version of the class would be nice idea.

18. Phil says:

Thanks Brian for the great online class, I really liked the delivery. Looking forward to being able to dip into the recorded version.

19. timaz says:

Hi Brian. I am working on PfR and despite of asking many questions in many forums and sites, it seems nobody knows about PfR and it was left intact COMPLETELY. first of all, I would like to thank you for this really really necessary topic that actually will help everyone in this field. and second, that’s really impressive that this great product will publish free of charge. I have a question for you. I have purchased rack times and Vol2 WB from INE. is this product is free for me too? and is this product is available as recorded version, so I can download it and watch offline?

20. Arif says:

Thank you sir !!!

21. eborgard says:

I wan’t able to make it during the live broadcast, but I can’t wait to watch this in streaming format. INE is unmatched in the Cisco training space and this type of service is just one reason why. Thank you INE.

22. Vincent Tay says:

Looking forward for it. I am definitely a fan and a happy customer. Thanks Brian.

23. Mani says:

Hello Brian,

Can you please let us know when the recording will be made available to existing customers ?

Thanks.

24. Simon says:

Hey Brian,

Please could you let us know as soon as the recording is available?

Thanks

25. Prakash says:

is this Video available for free now

26. AC says:

I can’t wait to watch this one…rrrhhh!!

27. ananth says:

Hi Brian

Regarding 3 or 4 day session PFR; Will you record it?

Recorded session + rack rentals =$499

Regards
    Ananth

28. kim says:

i am a bit confused , is it free for all (just blog readers) or free for AAP customers ?

29. Jochen Bartl says:

The bootcamp in Lodon has been an awesome experience. I mean we spent more than 1 day on PfR, but doing a 5 day class would be great to cover more scenarios.

I’m not sure if I would be able to attend the live class, but I would definetly purchase the “on demand” version of it later on.

Best regards,

Jochen

30. Haresh says:

I am interested in video on demand as due to work schedule cannot attend live and will really appreciate if the price is around $299.

31. cdolores04 says:

wow! this is Great! thats why INE is the best training camp for CCIE wanna be. viva INE!!! more power

32. Chipondo says:

Brian you rock! What a Class you gave, excellent iam out of words.
    Could you please help allign my thoughts to optimise this network scenario.

1. This network has a couple of sites with two links from two different service provider. The two links links are both active but half the time only one runs, they are configured for BGP failover.

2. these sites Cisco WAAS for WAN optimisation.

Question: Lets say these sites are single router sites, I would like to know how PFR can be run in such a scenario. If i can remember what i read cisco WAAS does Load sharing not load balancing. In such how well can you add PfR to traffic that is being accelerated through a WAAS/WAE device.

I await your reply.