May

Tomorrow at 10am PST (-7 GMT) I will be hosting a vSeminar covering one of the new Troubleshooting Labs using our new 32 device racks. This session, as with all of my sessions, is being done hands on and should run about 5 to 7 hours. I will do a quick introduction covering our new racks, lab interface, and details for the Troubleshooting portion of the real CCIE Lab exam but the remaining time I will be doing a troubleshooting lab hands on. To sign up, use the link below and then go to http://www.ine.com/live before the session starts.

vSeminar Sign up

This vSeminar is the exact same style as my live bootcamps and that style is hands on. It’s far easier to learn troubleshooting and advanced networking in general if you can see someone experienced walk you through it so you can learn what their thought process is and how they go about the configuration, verification and troubleshooting. Then when you do it yourself it’s far easier since you’ve actually seen it done and not just heard it talked about during a PowerPoint presentation. ;-)

I’ll join in the live chat during the session so if you all have any curve balls you want to throw at me feel free. I love to be challenged ;-)

Here is the logical topology we will be using (click to download the PDF):

CCIE Troubleshooting Lab

Here is the physical topology:
INE R&S CCIE Troubleshooting Physical Topology

This session will be recorded and available free of charge as a sample for our new R&S CCIE Troubleshooting Bootcamp.

Secondly in San Diego during Cisco Live we will be hosting four R&S CCIE Troubleshooting sessions for people to test out our new TS racks, labs and grading interface. If you would like to sign up and reserve a spot use the link below:

We will be giving out an iPad to the best score (fastest time as the tie breaker) from each session.

Lastly I have four weeks off between now and the end of the year that I’m not teaching a public or private CCIE bootcamp. I want to take that time and spend it doing 3 or 4 day technology focused bootcamps covering the following topics:

1. IPv6 (2 Days)
2. OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 (4 Days)
3. BGP (3 Days)
4. MPLS and MPLS VPNs (3 Days)
5. PfR/OER (3 Days)
6. IPv4 and IPv6 Multicast (3 Days)
7. QoS (3 Days)
8. IP Services (3 Days)

There sessions will not be a rerun of the current R&S ATC videos but will build on top of what is covered in them. So if there is enough interest for these, as there appears to be, I’ll run them live in Bellevue, WA this summer. Basically they will run six days a week for four weeks straight. The recordings will be available via download for purchase or streamed with an All Access Pass membership. I’ll post more details regarding these sessions next week.

About Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210:

Brian Dennis has been in the networking industry for more than 22 years, with a focus on Cisco networking for the past 16 years. Brian achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching in 1996, and is currently the only ten year CCIE that holds five CCIE certifications. Prior to working with INE, Brian taught and developed CCIE preparation courses for various well known training organizations. Brian not only brings his years of teaching experience to the classroom, but also years of real world enterprise and service provider experience.

Find all posts by Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 | Visit Website

21 Responses to “R&S CCIE Troubleshooting vSeminar, Troubleshooting Labs at Cisco Live and new Bootcamps”

1. Ananth says:

The topology looks awesome.

Great

2. Yasir Khan says:

That was a great and knowledgeable experience. I learn alot and find out that why I am still trying to cover the topics and why didn’t I yet appear in exam.

Thanks al lot Brain.
    Regards,

3. Deepak Arora says:

Just few short questions:

1. The customer which purchased earlier technology specific classes that INE released like IPv6, Multicast etc, will get relevant new classes access in free ?

2. CCIP series customer will get access to BGP, MPLS, QOS classes in free or INE will revise CCIP as CCNP SP soon ?

3. Any progress with CCDE bootcamp COD, since they were announced long back but never make it to AAP ?

4. Request you to add following in 3 Day class format too

1. Switching & Bridging
    2. IOS Security

5. Any plans to run such detailed and excellent classes for SPv3 ?

Thanks in advance and also for maintaining a great standard in training industry.

4. DennisD says:

Four weeks straight, I can see all my vacation time being used up. Can’t wait for the details. Awesome :o )

5. Laurent says:

GREAT!

6. secondsight says:

brain ,
    most certainly looking forward to the
    3 or 4 day technology focused bootcamps.

many thanks

7. Haresh says:

Can’t wait for the details. Excellent news Brain.

8. Stephen says:

Hi Brian, really enjoyed your last video. Any chance you can upload the complete book list you talked about in the stream please?

9. ananth says:

Hi Brian

Please do announce the dates of the technology focused bootcamps.

Also if you can record the bootcamps ( 10 day and TS ) that will really help a lot of people;

The sad thing is we will be missing to see you in person;

Hope you start using cisco 3D telepresence the holographic one:)

Regards
    Ananth

10. Daniel Dib says:

Glad to see you are taking the next step. The ATC is great but sometimes it could be even more detailed and hopefully that gap will be filled now.

Keep up the good work Brian.

11. Jochen Bartl says:

Thanks, that was an awesome session. But at midnight after and after a day at work my attention span decreased somewhat :D Looking forward to watch the recording again.

Best regards,

Jochen

12. Tom Cooper says:

Any update on when this session will be available? Couldn’t find it on the troubleshooting boot camp page.

This was an awesome seminar. Thanks for the quality content INE :) you guys will be the first on my list of training institutions once I start going for my CCIE

13. Dang says:

Hi Brian,

will it be possible to book the new TS-Topology with the Trouble-Tickets ( in Mock-Lab style with grading) or will you only use it for the new TS-Bootcamp? I would love to join the new TS Bootcamp..but my company wont pay me another INE Bootcamp :D

14. Edward Lam says:

May I have free access to the full content of this VSeminar as I already purchased following R&S self-paced products –
    R&S Advanced Troubleshooting Video-on-Demand,
    CCIE R&S Advanced Technologies Class Version 4.5,
    CCIE R&S Lab Preparation Bootcamp v2 ?

15. Chipondo says:

Brian,

I am at loss of words your lectures are awesome. I learn so much from them.

Where are these videos available?
    I would want to access the R&S CCIE Troubleshooting vSeminar.

Thanks.

16. frank says:

How long more will it be before this is released ?