Jul

We are very proud to announce the industry’s very first CCIE Data Center lab-focused bootcamps. We will teach our initial bootcamps based on a three-pronged approach, Nexus, Storage and Unified Computing (which will include smaller topics such as HA and SLB with ACE and N1Kv). Each bootcamp has a introductory price of $499 and all three can be purchased for $1299.

We have recently purchased the hardware needed to teach bootcamps along with starting to build out Data Center racks for rental. Our hardware specification is based on the three focal points list above, including two Nexus 7010 switches with F1 and M1 blades, two Nexus 5548UP switches, Nexus 2232 10GE FEXs, multiple MDS SAN Switches, ACE, and various storage arrays along with the UCS 5108 blade chassis, fabric interconnects and servers. Additionally we will be launching our CCIE Storage product line after Brian McGahan completes the CCIE Storage Lab exam. We currently have a two full storage racks already built out and Brian McGahan is scheduling the CCIE Storage lab within the next 60 to 90 days.

You can read more about our specific outlines for the CCIE Data Center bootcamps and sign up here.

We will also be hosting a CCIE Data Center and CCIE Storage Online vSeminar on July 22nd, 2012 at 10am PDT (-7 GMT). We will be going over our strategy for the CCIE Data Center and CCIE Storage product lines (bootcamps, workbooks, rack rentals, etc). This will be a great time to ask any specific questions you may have about our offerings so be sure to sign up. Signup Today

About Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210:

Brian Dennis has been in the networking industry for more than 22 years, with a focus on Cisco networking for the past 16 years. Brian achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching in 1996, and is currently the only ten year CCIE that holds five CCIE certifications. Prior to working with INE, Brian taught and developed CCIE preparation courses for various well known training organizations. Brian not only brings his years of teaching experience to the classroom, but also years of real world enterprise and service provider experience.

Find all posts by Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 | Visit Website

52 Responses to “INE Announces Industry’s First CCIE Data Center Lab-Focused Bootcamps”

1. Russell says:

Ordering the bundle of all three but I’ll be at VMworld during the Nexus bootcamp. How quick do you guys normally turn the downloadable versions around (the 7k platform is probably my weakest area)?

Looking forward to this like a mad fiend!

2. Delano says:

Whoopeeee from Orlando.
    I’m signing up

3. Delano says:

…also, who is teaching the courses?

4. Sam says:

I just bought the 1299 package. Hope I received the recorded and downloaded version too..

5. msir says:

when will be rack rental available and will be price much higher than current rack rentals??? .

6. Sam says:

Do you plan to have racks and workbook? INVOICE #382276

7. Mo says:

What is the skill level needed for this class?

• It would be good to have at least a CCNP (R&S) and a basic understanding of servers before beginning this class. Also a very basic understanding of fibre channel would help, but is not entirely required.

8. MusoftNet says:

I was waiting for this for longtime but I’m first finishing my CCIE R&S Thank you INE

9. Prateek Kambala says:

Wow.. have been waiting to here this from you guys.. from long time.

10. kenny says:

Hi will this be included with AAP members?
    how does these bootcamps fit in with the ccie written and lab?
    do you have a recommended book list for this track i checked cisco’s website and they listed around 4 for an entire ccie written/lab

11. Jamie says:

I do like the Nexus and unified fabric platforms but I still haven’t mustered the interest to look into UCS study yet.

• Titus says:

This is also exactly my situation;- I’m more comfortable with Nexus platform, etc The structure/breakdown of this bootcamp is very appealing, so i see a chance to really get the UCS stuff going.

12. Chewie says:

Regarding anticipated rack rental prices… I went to my account to check the calendar to see the SPv3 rack rental prices and then do the math, but all sessions for the SPv3 racks were rented out fully for the foreseeable future. Therefore, no price was ever given that would give a baseline to multiply the 2-3x to.

I am sure that you

13. Chewie says:

Sorry..just looking for a roundabout dollar figure for anticipated rack rental prices for this track. Thanks in advance.

14. anna says:

I love to see even VCP courses from INE. That would be awesome.

• On the way already. You’ll see a few more full time instructors coming on board in the next couple months to not only assigned with topics outside of Cisco (i.e. VMWare/Xen) but to help us with the lower level Cisco certifications.

15. Mahdi says:

I think by doing such a things, the next CCIE course will be announced from INE instead of Cisco ;)

Mahdi

16. kenyonej says:

Are you all going to get your VCP class authorized?

17. kenyonej says:

Sorry but I see you didn’t necessarily say VCP. But just in case ;)

18. markjohn says:

Do you intend to record your ‘CCIE Data Center and CCIE Storage Online vSeminar’ on 7/22 as I am not sure I can attend live??

I am sure lots of others are in the same position.

Thanks…

19. Jent says:

Brian, just wondering; did any of you guys take the beta exam while it was available, and if you did, have you already received the results? I took the exam on the first possible day (May 3th), but still haven’t received any results.

Would certainly be interested in the bootcamp as I’ll most probably give the lab a shot as soon as it’s available.

20. Patel says:

what are the hours for each of the bootcamp? is it 8 hours/day and if yes what is the breakdown between theory and hands on configuration/troubleshooting?

Thanks

• We’ll be starting at 8am US West Coast time. The hours are variable, it really depends how long it takes to cover the topics. In general there will be a theory section on a topic, followed by hands on configuration examples of that topic.

21. Sam says:

Hope to have a recorderd version of this seminar.

22. Eric says:

Hi Brian,
    nice to read that INE is doing so much ..new DC .. VMware.. i will def. go for the DC after the R&S…
    When will be the new Mock Labs with the new TS available for R&S?

23. Naren says:

Could anyone please share the link to the review class today ?

24. Prateek Kambala says:

I registered for it and unfortunately I didn’t get the link for it today :( ! Are you gonna upload the recorded session of the same!!

Thank you.

25. Mohammad says:

Can you please send us the recording link Dennis ?

26. markjohn says:

Without having to watch the entire video update (5 hours?), would it be possible to post summary info regarding expected release details and dates for CCIE DC and CCIE Storage workbooks, etc??

Thanks

27. Deepak says:

Any update you guys can provide on upcoming R&S 3-Day Technology classes that Brian proposed after PFR v seminar

28. Victor says:

Hi
    I am in europe. Will the bootcamp be divided in half theory and then practice lab after? It ends late night, May we do the practice lab at european daytime?

• For the first online Bootcamps students will not be getting access to their own equipment. We the instructors will be going through theory and then showing examples on the command line. For equipment access that will be separate later through rack rentals or through the other live onsite classes such as Nexus 5k & 2k bootcamp.

29. Akash says:

Any updates on rack rental price for CCIE Data Center?

thanks