Aug

We’ve added a few online seats to the R&S CCIE Troubleshooting Bootcamp that is being held here in Bellevue, WA starting October 1st and streamed online live. The online seats include your own dedicated rack of 28 ISRs and 4 switches along with grading for the week plus the weekend following the bootcamp. Additionally if you are an AAP (All Access Pass) member and a little venturous you could do the Troubleshooting Bootcamp using GNS3 without costing you anything. You will need a decent machine to run 32 devices in GNS3 or could use something like Amazon’s or RackSpace’s cloud servers. I’ll post the instructions on how to install and run GNS3 using Amazon’s and RackSpace’s cloud here on the blog. It’ll cost roughly 30 cents per hour to run a server powerful enough for the troubleshooting topology but you only pay Amazon or RackSpace for the hours when the machine is running. So roughly $12 in server fees for the full bootcamp.

This isn’t like other troubleshooting bootcamps in that we are the only company offering a full troubleshooting topology using 32 device topology (28 routers and 4 switches) along with lab grading. One of the offerings out there teaches troubleshooting using PowerPoint slides but the last time I checked Microsoft’s PowerPoint isn’t on the lab blueprint ;-) Here is a sample topology from the bootcamp:

CCIE Troubleshooting Lab

Additionally I spend a ton of time hands-on breaking down the tickets and their technologies. Roughly 8 hours per day is spent going over the previous evening’s tickets. If you have any questions regarding the R&S CCIE Troubleshooting Bootcamp feel free to email me directly. My email is bdennis@ine.com.

About Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210:

Brian Dennis has been in the networking industry for more than 22 years, with a focus on Cisco networking for the past 16 years. Brian achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching in 1996, and is currently the only ten year CCIE that holds five CCIE certifications. Prior to working with INE, Brian taught and developed CCIE preparation courses for various well known training organizations. Brian not only brings his years of teaching experience to the classroom, but also years of real world enterprise and service provider experience.

Find all posts by Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 | Visit Website

36 Responses to “R&S CCIE Troubleshooting Online Bootcamp – Free for AAP Members!”

1. Dennis Day says:

AAP Member – Looking forward to it. Please detail the GNS build instructions at your earliest convenience.

2. Malick Ndiaye says:

Hello Brian,
    It will be a good thing to a make a blog post on firing up EC2 instances at AWS. I think it’s a good and easy to run GN3/Dynamips labs without buying all the necessary hardwars and the price is chaep and the pricing is very flexible….
    Good move :)

3. Pavel says:

Why SW1 switch is standalone?

4. Al says:

Hello Brian,

will an AAP member be able to join the live classes as long as they have arranged access to a lab environment or is it the post live class recording they will get access to.. I am assuming it will be the latter.

5. ananth says:

Hi Brian

Great work;

Ha Nice one

6. Aryan says:

I’ll be waiting for this class to be added as recorded version into AAP. When should be expect it ? ;-)

7. Dang says:

Hi Brian,

will the new TS Labs be available after the 1st of October or earlier using rack rentals? I would like to book them asap.

8. anna says:

Hi Brian

Once the troubleshooting racks are added, will CCIE Routing & Switching Workbook Volume II be updated as well.

Will CCIE Routing & Switching Workbook Volume III new version be released as well.

Also eagerly waiting for your deep dive series. Even I pass the lab will surely go through your deep dive series. Only if Brian Dennis does it :)

Regards
    Ananth

9. anna says:

Thanks Brian.

Hope to see the new workbooks soon.

Please do conduct the deep dive series even if it is next year.

That will be the best new year gift from INE to its customers.

Regards
    Ananth

10. Aryan says:

I also agree, Deep Dives announced will take CCIE people to next level since may of Protocol aspects which are important are not covered even in CCIE.

11. anna says:

No worries Brian. Whenever you do it I am 100 percent sure that the series will be top class.

Thanks for replying

Regards
    Ananth

12. dayoojediran says:

Brian, can you share the physical diagram (cabling) of this ts logical topology?

13. wayne says:

Will previous purchases of the 4.0 R&S Troubleshooting Class, and current R&S Advanced Troubleshooting Class be protected as well?

14. anna says:

@dayoojediran

Brian already shared it

Here is the link

15. Forehill says:

Brain,

In TS section, hope you conduct strategy how quickly find the cause of troubles and implement solution with verification. In real lab, mostly took time to find the cause.

16. anna says:

I really like what Brian did in the CCIE Troubleshooting vlecture . His logic is 100 percent correct.

Say for example the first ticket he solved .

Getting the traffic share the way lab asked.

If one does not know what variance is then he/she can surely will take the time to solve the ticket.

If one does not know something then how can one troubleshoot.

I bet the bootcamp will be awesome and with Brian there you never look at the clock.

I will surely attend this.

I want to attend his 10 day bootcamp but that is beyond my reach :)

17. wayne says:

Brian,

• This isn’t a recorded product like the other products but if you want to attend or watch it later that’s not a problem.

• wayne says:

So the recorded version will be available to those of use that purchased the others – or am I off base. Just trying to figure out scheduling if I need to attend the actual TS Bootcamp in RTP or not. Thanks for all you guys do! We appreciate it!

wayne