The second portion of our CCIE Data Center Live Online Bootcamps – Storage Networking – is now complete, and the videos are available for streaming and download. This class focuses on Fibre Channel Switching, IP Storage, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) on the Nexus 5500, Nexus 7000, and MDS series switches.
All Access Pass (AAP) subscribers can view the videos in streaming format for no additional fee and also purchase the download version at a discounted rate. If you are not an AAP subscriber you can purchase the standalone download version here. As usual, all of these videos have cross-platform support (desktop, iPhone/iPad, Android, Windows phone, etc.), and the download versions are DRM free. After you purchase them, they are yours to do with as you please.
The CCIE Data Center Live Online Bootcamp Series continues with Unified Computing the week of October 29th. All Access Pass subscribers can attend for free, in addition to anyone who purchased the download version.
Below is an excerpt from the Storage Networking class on how to configure Multihop FCoE on the Nexus 5000 and Nexus 7000:
CCIE Data Center :: Storage :: Multihop FCoE Configuration
The outline for the Storage Networking class is as follows:
- Storage Networking Hardware Architecture
- Fibre Channel Switching Overview
- Fibre Channel Switching Verification
- Nexus 5500UP Initialization & FC Interface Configuration
- SAN Port Channels
- Virtual SANs (VSANs)
- FC Fabric Services :: FC Domain
- FC Fabric Services :: FSPF
- FC Fabric Services :: FLOGI & FCNS
- FC Fabric Services :: Basic Zoning
- FC Fabric Services :: Enhanced Zoning & Aliases
- FC Fabric Services :: Q&A
- iSCSI :: Part 1
- iSCSI :: Part 2
- NPV & NPIV
- FCoE Overview
- FCoE Configuration :: Part 1
- FCoE Configuration :: Part 2
- FCoE Q&A
- Multihop FCoE Overview
- Multihop FCoE Configuration
- FCoE NPV
- Data Center Network Manager (DCNM)
About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:
Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 8 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.
6 Responses to “CCIE Data Center Storage Networking Videos Now Available”
Leave a Reply