This week I will be running a Nexus NX-OS Primer class online. This class is essentially Nexus NX-OS for Cisco IOS engineers, and is designed to get you quickly up to speed with using Cisco’s Next Generation Data Center Switching Network Operating System, Nexus NX-OS. Class will run Wednesday – Friday (Jan 9th – 11th) from 10am PST – 2pm PST (18:00 – 22:00 GMT). This class is free to attend for all users with active All Access Pass subscriptions. Recorded versions will be available in streaming format for AAP members a week or two after the class’s completion, as well as a download version available for separate purchase.
The advantage of attending the class live is that you will be able to ask me questions and get immediate feedback. Technically I guess you could still ask me questions while you’re watching the recordings, but I won’t be able to respond and you might get strange looks from those around you
AAP members do not need to pre-register for this class. Simply click the Nexus NX-OS Primer link under the All Access Pass section of your Members dashboard. This will also give you a countdown timer so you know exactly when class is starting.
Specifically this course will help engineers with a solid understanding of traditional Cisco IOS technologies and features to quickly transfer their knowledge to NX-OS. The course materials will be useful for engineers who plan to implement or support Cisco’s Data Center Unified Fabric architecture on platforms such as the Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000/5500, Nexus 3000, Nexus 2000, MDS 9200, MDS 9500, or the Unified Computing System Fabric Interconnects (UCS FIs). Candidates pursuing the CCNA Data Center, CCNP Data Center, or CCIE Data Center certifications will also benefit from this course.
This course consists primarily of live, hands-on examples comparing and contrasting Nexus NX-OS to traditional Cisco IOS, and introducing new Nexus NX-OS-specific features.
- NX-OS CLI Fundamentals
- NX-OS AAA & Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- NX-OS Setup Utility and Control Plane Policing (CoPP) Templates
- NX-OS Feature Licensing
- NX-OS Virtual Device Contexts (VDCs)
- NX-OS Virtual Routing & Forwarding Instances (VRFs)
- NX-OS In Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
- NX-OS Parsing with GREP, PERL, & XML
- NX-OS Ethanalyzer Packet Capture and Analysis
- NX-OS vs. Catalyst IOS Ethernet Switching (VLANs, VTP, Trunking, STP, etc.)
- NX-OS vs. IOS First-Hop Redundancy Protocols (FHRP/GLBP/HSRP)
- NX-OS vs. IOS IPv4 & IPv6 Routing (EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, etc.)
- NX-OS vs. IOS IPv4 & IPv6 Multicast Routing
- NX-OS vs. IOS Security (ACLs, Port Security, DHCP Snooping, etc.)
- NX-OS Specific Features (FEX, vPC, FabricPath, OTV, etc.)
I hope to see you in class!
About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:
Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 10 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.
9 Responses to “Nexus NX-OS Primer Class This Week – Free for AAP Members”
Leave a Reply