Jan

Update: There will be another session running May 27th – May 29th, 2013 in Chicago. Registration info can be found here.

I will be holding a CCDE Open Study Session in Chicago, IL from Saturday Feb 16th through Monday Feb 18th. The CCDE Practical Exam in Chicago is the following day, Feb 19th. This is similar to the one that I held in London last November prior to the previous practical exam, but this time I didn’t miss the cutoff for scheduling the practical so I will actually be taking the CCDE exam on the 19th with others who are attending the session ;)

This isn’t a “bootcamp” per-se but more of an open discussion or “groupstudy” if you will. We will be working through scenarios written by myself, Brian Dennis, and Petr Lapukhov (CCDE 2010::7) for the days leading up to the CCDE Practical Exam.

There is no cost to attend the session. Even if you aren’t going to take the CCDE but are interested in getting a chance to discuss real world networking with other senior engineers then you should attend. We had a great time in London as nearly everyone was at least a CCIE and many double/triple CCIEs which allowed for interesting discussions on the scenarios and technologies in general. Candidates who are actually taking the practical in Chicago will be given priority though as seating is limited.

If you would like to attend please send an email to Jeremy Brown (INE’s Class Coordinator) at jbrown@ine.com to reserve a seat.

The location of class is yet to be determined, but it will be in downtown Chicago (Chicago Loop) close to where the CCDE practical exam will be at the Pearson Professional Center.

About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:

Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 10 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.

Find all posts by Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13 | Visit Website

18 Responses to “CCDE Open Study Session in Chicago – Feb 16th to 18th”

1. zeus says:

Hi Brian,

Is there a way to share these scenarios with AAP members?

2. Srikanth says:

it would be great if you conduct online session.

3. kenyonej says:

Brian,

Best of wishes to you on the exam! This is very inspirational to a person still pursuing the CCIE RS!

4. Manish Salaria says:

Hi brian

Can the session can be recorded and shared….

5. Brandon Bailey says:

Do you think you will be doing another one of these again later on this year?

6. Brandon Mangold (@nkrypted) says:

Excellent! I am going to try to attend.

7. Lisa G says:

Hi Brian, I would LOVE to attend but don’t live in the area. If there’s an online class sometime, or a video of it, I would just love that.

The CCDE is the certification that I would like to get next. Unfortuantely.. there’s no books that have been written for this certification, there are only suggested books that are not specifically design related. And, there’s no labs/coursework available from INE or any other vendor (did i miss it?)

Please keep me in the loop if it would be possible to attend by phone… or if any other training comes up re the CCDE.

Thanks! LIsa G

8. Mark H says:

I attended the course in London.
    I loved it.
    Definitely Recommended.

Good Luck Brian.

9. Brandon Mangold (@nkrypted) says:

Thanks Again for the

10. Brandon Mangold (@nkrypted) says:

Thanks again for the study session, it was excellent. I don’t know what was better, the free training with Brian and Petr or getting to meet all of the other CCDE candidates who attended.

Big shout out to INE for a wonderful experience!

11. [...] weekend before the practical exam, Petr Lapukhov – CCDE #2010::7 and I hosted a CCDE Open Study Session in Chicago, my hometown, just a few blocks away from where the practical exam was delivered.  This [...]

12. Martin Duggan says:

Hi, sounds great, is there likely to be a class for the May 2013 exam slot (my vote is for London!). Rgds.

13. Jigar says:

due to some personal reason, I was not able to attend the class of Feb, are you guys planning for another session in chicago?