May

We recognize that there is new content in the new CCIE Collaboration blueprint. We also recognize that a change to the name of CCIE Voice is long overdue. Furthermore, we recognize that there is about an 80% overlap in content, and only about 20% worth of new material. To this end, we will not be requiring our CCIE Voice v3 customers to re-purchase any CCIE Voice track materials when follow Cisco in rebranding it to CCIE Collaboration.

What this means is that if you have purchased any CCIE Voice v3 product such as a workbook or video course download, you will get all of the upgrades to that product, even when we rebrand the title of our products to CCIE Collaboration to stay in keeping with Cisco’s new title. This goes for bootcamps as well, if you paid for and sat one our CCIE Voice v3 bootcamps, you are welcome to come back and re-sit for one of our CCIE Collaboration bootcamps just the same – in keeping with our Bootcamp Reseat Policy.

About Mark Snow, CCIE #14073:

Mark Snow has been actively working with data and traditional telephony as a Network Consulting Engineer since 1995, and has been working with Cisco Call Manager and voice-over technology since 1998. Mark has been actively teaching and developing content for the CCIE Voice track since 2005, and the Security track since 2007. Mark's story with both data and voice technology started out quite young, as he began learning around the age of five from his father who was a patented inventor and a research scientist at AT&T Bell Laboratories. Mark started out on Unix System V and basic analog telephony, and went on from there to large data networking projects with technologies such as Banyan Vines, IPX and of course IP, and large phone systems such as Nortel 61c, Tadiran Coral, Avaya Definity and of course Cisco Unified Communications Manager in both enterprise and 911 PSAP environments across the US and internationally. Mark is also an accomplished pilot and punched his ticket in 2001. When Mark isn't learning, labing, consulting or teaching, he can be found either piloting or possibly jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, hanging off a rock somewhere or else skiing out west. He also might just be enjoying a quiet day at the beach with his wife and two wonderful young kids, Ryleigh and Judah.

Find all posts by Mark Snow, CCIE #14073 | Visit Website

26 Responses to “INE Will Treat Collaboration as CCIE Voice v4 for Customers”

1. Steve says:

Do you know if the equipment and rack rental will be same as Voice v3 ? Meaning can we still use 28xx routers for practice ? Also anyway to get around the new demo 60 days licence “feature” of CUCM 9.1 ?

• They do not, they use 29xx ISR-G2 routers. See my previous post here for links to Cisco’s site as well as all of the specifics of the hardware and software. As far as the demo version, no there is no way around the 60 day grace period.

• Steve says:

I know in the list its 2921 and 3925 routers, I mean for home lab setup, do you think we will get away with using 28xx ? Also is your rack rentals will go to 29xx ? And workbooks ?

• 28xx are not able to support PVDM3, which is going to be heavily required for Video conferencing, as well as video transrating/transcoding and transsizing. We are right now building completely brand new Voice racks, with all 29xx, VWIC3s, UCS servers and new phones. Only things that will stay constant is the cables, as they didn’t quite move to 10/40/100 GE in the new lab ;-) .

• Steve says:

Wow this really going to suck… Maybe for everything outside the Video stuff still possible to use the old 28xx with PVDM2s ? I just spent a whole bunch of money on that equipment….

• Yes, you can still do almost everything outside of video on those older PVDM2s. One thing you won’t be able to do is transcode between G722 and any other voice codec except for G711. But mostly you should be fine. Practice on your gear everything for voice, and then rent some rack time to practice all of the video stuff.

• Steve says:

Also looking at the blueprint, I dont see that much video that would require routers or “gateways” am I missing something ? Most of the video stuff will be on the CUPS, CUCM ?

• There will be plenty of need.

2. Viki says:

so kind of you INE. Thanks for not treating us as just customers but then as member of INE family.

• SilverSurfer says:

Can’t agree more. Really fantastic job INE.

• Raul says:

I completely agree! I was split down the middle when deciding between INE and IP Expert back in December. Most people told me they are about the same. When I watched one of Mark’s videos, I gravitated towards his very detailed and integrated approach to teaching and guiding you to figure things out yourself.

I can now say that I am 110% satisfied with not only Mark, but every single INE staff member that I’ve had the pleasure of working with!!!

See you guys in Bellevue in July for the bootcamp!!!

3. Zuzu says:

Mark,

When we can expect the new materials ??

4. William Bell says:

Mark,

That is definitely an awesome gesture from INE. I didn’t do my training through INE but that was primarily due to scheduling. That is a demonstration of outstanding customer service and I applaud you and your team.

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

5. Antonio says:

Hi guys
    for me the same, i appreciate so much how Ine is managing transition from v3 to Collaboration :) it’s nice and comfortable how all INE staff are caring about customers , i did a good choice then :)
    Greetings from Italy and see u in August in London for the bootcamp ;)

6. mih says:

That’s great news!!! This is what I call awesome customer service! Thanks INE.

7. Carlos López says:

Ine the best!!
    INE is different than other vendor that think only with €€€…
    Big news!

8. Rahul says:

This is really great news!!!!

9. Chris Racaza says:

It’s nice hearing that transition re-aligning to Collaboration blueprint.
    Hoping you could also have a bootcamp in Dubai..

10. Zuzu says:

i hope you guys do bootcamp in dubai. i will surely attend at any cost.

11. Abdul Weheliye says:

This is why I love INE!!!!

12. Nay says:

I am thinking to purchase video download for CCIE colleboration. Should I buy CCIE Voice v3?

• Since we are offering the upgrade for free, and because you will still need to know everything in the v3 Voice blueprint for the new v4 Collaboration blueprint, except for the H.323 Gatekeeper (a very small portion of the overall material), then yes, I would advise that you do and you begin studying now.

13. Mohamed says:

Hi Mark,

When we can expect the new materials for CCIE collaboration?

Thanks,