Jun

Edit:  For those asking where to meet me tomorrow for passes, my first session is “BRKCRT-8862 – Cisco Certified Architect: How to complete the journey from CCIE to CCDE to CCAr” which I believe is in room 309.  The session runs from 8am – 9:30am, and I’ll be hanging around outside the room after the session for a bit if you want to come get passes.  After that check my twitter to come meet up with me!

Today wrapped up Day 0 of Cisco Live 2013 in Orlando Florida, US (#clus).  Brian Dennis and I attended the CCIE Routing and Switching Techtorial (TECCCIE-8000), and despite rumors of a blueprint change, CCIE R&S is going to remain as the current version 4 for the near future.  Version 5 is of course on the horizon, but I think the official announcement is still a ways out (Cisco Live 2014 Milan Italy?).

Me (Brian McGahan), Bruno van de Werve – CCIE R&S Exam Product Manager, and Brian Dennis

In other news, all of us here at INE our gearing up with final preparations for our CCIE Candidate Party 2013 at the Hard Rock Hotel!  We’re expecting a *huge* turnout, and along with prizes of iPads, MacBook Airs, AAP Memberships, and Bootcamps, just to name a few, we are giving away a Harley Davidson 2013 XL 1200X Forty-Eight!

If you don’t already have passes to the party, follow me on twitter, along with Brian Dennis and Mark Snow to meet up with any of us tomorrow to get admission passes.  I hope to see you all there, it’s going to be a rockin’ time!

About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:

Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 10 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.

Find all posts by Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13 | Visit Website

16 Responses to “Cisco Live 2013 Day 0 – INE Party Tomorrow Night!”

1. Dennis says:

Thanks Brian for the good news about R&S exam not being changed. Cheer.

2. Yaser says:

In the (TECCCIE-8000) , the presenter mentioned that they will announce it within 2 months , but they refuse to give any update , a bit of disappointment .

• Yaser says:

I mean the next CCIE exam version

• There’s a lot of logistics on their end with introducing an update to a CCIE track. They’re always vague on the dates because they really don’t know when the track will be done and ready until it’s done. Assuming they announce it in 2 – 3 months, the lab shouldn’t go into effect until about May 2014 give or take.

• Chad says:

I’m hearing in some of my sessions that very recently even on in the v4 CCIE R&S they just removed the frame relay switch from the configuration part of the lab but not the TShoot part. This would leave back to back Frame relay but no frame relay with a frame relay switch. Have you heard anything about this?

3. Ryan says:

Good to have a bit more info on that. When you say ~May 2014 – how strongly do you feel about that figure? :)

I’m working towards completing for early 2014 and I want a realistic idea of how close I will be cutting it.

4. Marc Jones says:

Im in Orlando in 3 weeks too. Gutted I couldnt make it. Im pushing for Milan next year. Will INE be at CLEU ’14?

5. Ciprian says:

Very good news !
    Thank you !

6. kenyonej says:

It was a pleasure to meet you guys in person. Thanks for the tips on strategy. I feel that 8 months is a good amount of time to get prepared.

7. ovais says:

Brian,

Is it possible that you share how you guys start INE. I am sure, it will be covered in several posts but i hope a lot of people want to read about how you guys started and what hurdles you faced etc

8. Jamie Grive says:

That dude in the middle was at the CCIE Brussels testing centre on my passing attempt – I remember speaking to him at the water/coffee machine about how I was feeling more confident on that attempt! Didn’t realise he was the CCIE R&S Exam Product Manager though!

9. Murad says:

That’s good news to hear!!

Thanks Brian, Good job to keep us updated.

Regards,
    Murad from Sweden

10. nsoitbegins says:

Any updates on CCIE R&S V5?