Apr

It’s about that time of year again – with Cisco Live US 2014 just a few weeks away, INE has several new and exciting developments to talk about.

First, I’d like to invite all of you to join us at INE Rewired, our 2014 Customer Appreciation Party at Cisco Live. The party is on Tuesday, May 20th, 2014, at 6:00pm at the Mezzanine Nightclub San Francisco. We’ll be serving complimentary cocktails and appetizers, there will be over $25,000 in prizes and giveaways, and most importantly we’ll have a sneak peak at INE’s revolutionary new training platform, which will completely change the way you learn – but more on that coming soon. Second, we have two important announcements regarding new and updated products for CCIE R&Sv5.

On May 9th & 10th, 2014, I will be running an online CCIE RSv4 to RSv5 Transition Technologies Class. This online course is for candidates who have already invested a significant amount of time preparing for the CCIE Routing & Switching version 4 blueprint, but will be taking the lab exam in the new version 5 blueprint format that begins on June 3rd, 2014. This class focuses on technologies that have been newly introduced in the v5 blueprint, such as IPsec VPNs, DMVPN, GETVPN, and Embedded Packet Capture, as well as technology enhancements such as VTPv3, EIGRP Multi-AF Mode & Wide Metrics, EIGRP HMAC & OSPF SHA Authentication, Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD), and OSPF Loop Free Alternative (LFA) just to name a few. All Access Pass members can attend the class for free, but customers who purchase the CCIE RSv4 to RSv5 Transition Technologies Class will have real-time access to ask me questions via chat and will also be granted early beta access to our new new training platform, which is scheduled for release shortly after Cisco Live.

Last but not least, this week we will begin releasing our updated CCIE Routing & Switching Version 5 Workbook. INE’s CCIE Routing & Switching v5 Workbook will collapse the previous four volume format used in our CCIE Routing & Switching v4 Workbooks into a single product. Customers who previously purchased either INE’s CCIE Routing & Switching Workbook Volume I or Volume II will have the new Version 5 Workbook automatically added to their INE Members account before the end of the week. Anyone who purchased just Volume III or Volume IV as standalone products can get in touch with sales@ine.com for special upgrade pricing to the new Version 5 workbook.

The new CCIE Routing & Switching Version 5 Workbook will be priced at $499, or $299 for AAP Members. However, if you purchase either the current Volume 1 or Volume 2 workbook before Thursday, you’ll still be eligible for the free upgrade to the Version 5 Workbook, and essentially save $300 on it.  Just don’t tell my sales team that I told you about this loophole ;)

About Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13:

Brian McGahan was one of the youngest engineers in the world to obtain the CCIE, having achieved his first CCIE in Routing & Switching at the age of 20 in 2002. Brian has been teaching and developing CCIE training courses for over 10 years, and has assisted thousands of engineers in obtaining their CCIE certification. When not teaching or developing new products Brian consults with large ISPs and enterprise customers in the midwest region of the United States.

Find all posts by Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593, CCDE #2013::13 | Visit Website

51 Responses to “INE at Cisco Live and CCIE RSv5 Transition Updates”

1. Thiago says:

Brian,

So, in my case which I have bought the CCIE v4 training materials I will not be able to watch the transition Technologies class for free? And, more importantly is the device list. Do you know when this list should be available?

Thanks,

Thiago

• It depends on your individual account. Your best bet is just to contact sales@ine.com and they can give you specifics about what you’re entitled to based on your purchase history. For a device list see this thread on IEOC where we’ve been discussing the equipment build: http://ieoc.com/forums/t/29291.aspx

• starsing theron says:

Sir, (Brian)

Currently I am a CCNA candidate as preparing for the exam.
        I have watched some of your videos and it is very helpful for me as you explained detail about technology in depth. Thank you so much.

Sir, do have any suggestion for CCNA and CCNP preparation to gain 100% confident for exam?

Please help..

2. Dennis says:

Great! Looking forward to have that workbook in my hands!
    Online Workbook only? What about a Dynamips or IOU version?

• The workbook is online but you can print to PDF if you want. There won’t be a separate Dynamips or IOU version, it will only need a very basic conversion of the initial configs in order to support either of these topologies.

• Ahmed Jendoubi says:

Hi Brian,
        Thank you and your team and the great ine workbooks.
        I have been using your ine CCIE R&S workbooks for some time.
        for CCIE R&S version 5, however, new routers R7, R8,R9, and R10 are used in the diagrams, but there is no indications on how these 4 new routers are physically connected to the Sitches SW1,SW2,SW3, and SW4 and the rest of the routers R1 through R6,
        I am an ine member and I have bought the ine CCIE R&S workbooks of version 4 and of course, you just updated the CCIE R&S version 5 with new workbook

also there is no mention in version 5 of the ine ccie r&s workbooks of BB1, BB2, BB3

• All routers are logically connected to the same vSwitch. BB1, BB2, and BB3 are no longer used. If you have a physical topology just set all links to the routers as trunk links and that’s all you need to do. I’ll be writing up a more detailed document on it this week.

3. Ferenc says:

I have AAP with all the workbooks because i was on the 10 day bootcamp (it was awesome). Am I eligible for the free update of the workbook? Thanks.

4. Ferenc says:

Just an another question: AAP members can attend to the stream free or we can view the course later under the videos section? thanks.

5. Gabriel says:

Hi Brian,

Will this Transition Technologies Class session be available later on as VoD? I’m thinking as part of Advanced Technology videos for v5 or similar.

Since we talking about videos, will be there the same agreement in place for those who bought Advanced Technology/Written/TShoot for V5?

Thanks,

Gabriel

6. DixieWrecked says:

It’s about time for that workbook!!! I know you guys have been busting your cans trying to get it out.

My one questions concerns rack rentals. Any word for us if rack rentals will be able to handle the v5 blueprint when the v5 workbook drops.

I got stalled by the blueprint change, and I have a personal vendetta to OWN the v5 lab!!!!

7. Murad says:

Good job Brian,

Waiting to get my hands dirty on the new workbook for v5. I have purchased all the v4 workbooks and i hope there will be free upgrades to the new version.

Thanks

8. Marcin Kurek says:

Hi Brian,

What about Mock Labs for v5? Can we expect a few?

9. Yogesh says:

Will AAP 2 year members get access to the V5 workbook for free?

It says somewhere that you need to pay 299 dollars for the workbook.

10. Marios Soulas says:

I have bought the CCIE RS v4 workbooks bundle(all together). I will get a free update of CCIE RS v5 workbooks(all workbooks);
    Thanks

11. Marcin Kurek says:

Brian, after the v5 materials come out, are we still going to have access to v4 materials?

12. Dave says:

If I purchase both volume 1 and volume 2 v 4 workbooks will I get the version 5 workbooks for volume 1 and volume 2?

Ref:
    “if you purchase either the current Volume 1 or Volume 2 workbook before Thursday, you’ll still be eligible for the free upgrade to the Version 5 Workbook”

Dave

• There’s only one workbook now, just the Version 5 Workbook. Technology Labs, Core Labs, Full Scale Labs, and Troubleshooting Labs will be integrated into it as one. So yes while purchasing both of them will get you an upgrade to v5, purchasing just one of them will also. Don’t tell sales I said that ;)

13. Syed_Z says:

Hi Brian,
    I had just started working on INE’s R&S Volume 2, with the release of v5 workbook do you have any suggestions? A new roadmap to prepare for the exam? Similar to the current “How to pass CCIE R&S Exam blog” which covers in details steps towards working for the lab. Or do you suggest that we continue using Volume 2, 3, 4 as it covers more or less the same core topics?

Pls let us know?

Syed Z

14. GioPierb says:

Brian
    for the ones who have the v4 Advanced videos will the new subjects be
    incorporated into it ?

15. RobeR says:

Hi Brian,
    so if we bought the Woorkbook vol 1 today, the next week we will have the new full version 5 free?
    or we will have a workbook Vol1 from V5 free
    I will appreciate your soon response, becuase i see that sometime is cheaper buy the bundle

16. GioPierb says:

Would that be still considered an upgrade from v4 or a new product that will need to be bought by the ver 4 students who are not AP members ?

17. G_Tee says:

Do you have to be an AAP member to take advantage of the free upgrade, or can one simply buy the vol1 as a standalone product?

I purchased the vol1 workbook under this impression that I’d get the v5 workbook for free at the end of the week.

• No you don’t have to be an AAP member to get the workbook upgrade. If you are not an AAP member and you buy the vol1 workbook now, you WILL get the upgrade to the v5 workbook. The point about AAP is mainly for the videos, not necessarily the workbooks.

• G_Tee says:

Hi Brian,

Many thanks for answering promptly – I appreciate it would seem that the same question has been asked already a number of times, but many thanks for clarifying AAP vs non-AAP customers.

18. Behzad says:

Hi Brain. Thanks for keeping the CCIE R&&S v5.0 up. Speaking of CCIE R&&S v5.0 does it include IS-IS or not?

19. Fernando Ferrari says:

Hi Brain

Any idea when v5 Full-Scale Practice Labs and v5 rack rental will be available? Thanks.

20. Laxman says:

Hi Brian,
    I am going to attend this class. Could you please let me know the system requirement for this class. Currently I have PC with windows 7 and I use Chrome. Please let me know if I need any plugin or other requirement.

Laxman

21. Fernando Ferrari says:

Hi Brain

Any idea when v4 to RSv5 Transition Technologies videos will be added to the streaming library?