Posts from ‘Presence’
I am running this week’s Voice Trivia Contest a bit early (launching it on Thursday instead of Friday) to try to give more people a chance to win that might not otherwise see this over the weekend, however we will still end the contest on Monday morning, as usual.
Here are the facts for this week’s Voice Trivia Contest:
- Tobias has a phone on which he needs to be able to have two BLF SD buttons that accurately show the presence status of Gob, Buster and Lindsay’s primary DNs. This needs to include status updates for when either Gob or Lindsay’s primary DN is ringing, but not when Buster’s primary DN rings.
- Gob, Buster and Lindsay’s primary DNs are all in the same Partition.
- Tobias has a SUBSCRIBE Calling Search Space that contains that Partition all three phones’ primary DNs are in.
- Tobias also needs to be able to view Call Lists (Missed Calls, Corporate Directory, etc.), but when he views them, he should only see the BLF status change for Lindsay’s DN, and not for Gob or Buster’s DNs.
- To aid in that, two Presence Groups have been setup. One for Tobias and Lindsay which have been assigned to both their Phone devices and their Lines. One for Gob and Buster, which have been assigned to both their Phone devices and their Lines. The Presence Groups both explicitly have Disallow Subscription to each other’s group reciprocally.
- All is good with Tobias’s BLF SDs on his phone display, and he can see all of their status changes appropriately – including seeing when Gob or Lindsay’s DNs ring, but not Buster’s.
- However, there is an issue. When he pulls up the Corporate Directory and searches for everyone, he sees BLF status updates for both Lindsay and Gob, but not for Buster. Remember that he should not see Gob’s BLF status updates either.