Posts Tagged ‘ARCH’
Cisco had promised us Christmas 2010 editions of these new exams. Those dates have slipped again.
The new Cisco CCDA 640-864 DESGN and CCDP 642-874 ARCH exams are now scheduled to hit by January 31, 2011.
Both exams promise to test new material regarding virtualization and data centers. Stay tuned to see if these new exams do actually materialize. For those tracking such things – this is the third new date for these exams.
The INE CCDP Bootcamp covers in depth information about the Nexus line from Cisco Systems. Here is some of the overview information from the course for those that desire a quick introduction to this line of equipment.
With the Nexus gear, Cisco introduces us to yet another operating system called NX-OS. The platforms that run this Operating System include:
- Nexus 7000
- Nexus 5000
- Nexus 2000
- Nexus 1000V
- Cisco MDS 9000
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Nexus 4000
What are the key features of this new Operating System? Capabilities include:
- Virtual Device Contexts (VDC) – devices can be segmented into virtual devices
- Virtual Port Channels (vPC) – switches or servers able to use EtherChannel across two upstream switches
- Continuos system operation – thanks to features like In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) and dynamic restart for processes
- Security – 802.1AE
- From Base Service licenses to Advanced Services and Transport Services