Posts Tagged ‘CCDA’
Just as with the CCDP, Cisco has delayed the release of the new DESGN exam. The DESGN exam (640-864) is expected to be available on December 16, 2010.
Here are the topics promised fro the new exam:
Describe the Methodology used to design a network
- Describe developing business trends
- Identify Network Requirements to Support the Organization
- Describe the tools/process to characterize an existing network
- Describe the top down approach to network design
- Describe Network Management Protocols and Features
Describe network structure and modularity
- Describe the Network Hierarchy
- Describe the Modular Approach in Network Design
- Describe network architecture for the enterprise
Just a quick reminder that the CCDA and CCDP exams are updating to version 2.1 on November 8, 2010.
Our upcoming CCDP Bootcamp will reflect the new 2.1 exam, and we will be updating our CCDA Bootcamp in November/December 2010 as well. As always, customers that had previously purchased the CCDA Bootcamp will receive the updates free of charge.
Thank you so much for choosing INE, and enjoy your studies!
So many students have written me excited for the upcoming Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) 5 day online bootcamp. In this blog post I want to provide everyone with a preview of some of the hugely valuable content in this course.
Early in the week of the event, we review a network health checklist from Cisco Systems. We take this one step further during the bootcamp and show you how to actually obtain these measurements without breaking your budget:
- Ethernet segments should not feature a sustained utilization of 40% or higher
- All Ethernet segments should be switched – no shared segments (hub-based)
- No WAN links should feature a sustained utilization of 70% or higher
- Response times should be generally less than 100 ms
- LAN response times should generally be 2 ms