Posts Tagged ‘workbooks’
Revisions have been made to our materials that obsolete some (but not all) of the information in this document.
Please see the latest updates here.
Many of you have been asking us for an update to our CCIE Voice to CCIE Collaboration materials transition. This document will serve to update you both on where we currently are with new materials, as well as give you a transition path and material to work on until we have everything fully transitioned over to the new Collaboration blueprint.
As many of you already know, the launch date for the CCIE Data Center Lab Exam is approaching soon. The CCIE Data Center Written Exam is now live, and lab scheduling will come online in the coming weeks. At INE, we’ve completed two out of our three planned online classes for CCIE DC – CCIE Data Center Nexus Switching and CCIE Data Center Storage Networking. Videos from the Nexus class are currently available for download and streaming, and Storage is currently in post-processing and will be available next week. More information on the Storage Networking class, as well as samples, will be posted early next week. The final portion of our online classes – CCIE Data Center Unified Computing – will be held at the end of this month, the week of October 29th. Seats in the online class are still available for purchase, which includes the downloadable videos after class – All Access Pass members can attend this class live online for free. This brings us to the most anticipated and requested product of the CCIE Data Center line: INE’s CCIE Data Center Workbook and Rack Rentals.
Like our online Bootcamps, INE’s CCIE Data Center Workbooks will take a three-part approach to the topic scope: Nexus Switching, Storage Networking, and Unified Computing. Unlike our previous workbook products, however, the delivery of the Data Center Workbooks will be enhanced. The Data Center Workbook series will be delivered as online content. It will still include diagrams, technology scenarios, configurations, and verifications, but it will also include embedded streaming video content that delves deep into technology breakdowns, verification, and troubleshooting. By delivering the content in an online format as opposed to print-formatted PDFs, we will be able to shorten the time to market for the labs through incremental releases, and we will be able to ensure that everyone always has the most updated version of content without the need for a complicated sub-versioning system. Furthermore, the embedded video breakdown content will take this product above and beyond the incredibly high quality bar that you, our customers, are already accustomed to with INE.
The time frame for content release of the CCIE Data Center Workbooks is as follows:
- Nexus Switching: Mid to Late November 2012
- Storage Networking: Mid to Late December 2012
- Unified Computing: Mid to Late December 2012
- Full Scale Labs: Mid to Late January 2013
What about rack rentals? We plan to release access to rack rentals in tandem with the release of the workbook content. Rack rentals will be offered in multiple ways. First we will offer smaller subsets of the overall complete hardware topology that is used to complete specific technology labs. For example, a lab on vPC on Nexus 5000 may consist of 2 x Nexus 5548UPs and an end host. Likewise, as you progressively work through the labs, the topologies will get more complex, ultimately culminating in full-scale multi-protocol labs that require the entire overall hardware topology.
The full hardware topology used in the workbooks will consist of:
- Nexus 7000s with both M1 and F1 modules
- Nexus 5500UPs
- Nexus 2000 1GigE & 10GigE Fabric Extenders
- MDS 9200i Fibre Channel & IP Storage Switches
- UCS C Series Rackmount Servers
- UCS B Series Blade Servers
- UCS Fabric Interconnects
- Additional 1GigE & 10GigE attached end servers
- Fibre Channel attached Storage Arrays
Further details, such as pricing for the workbooks and rack rentals and the availability of the rack schedule, will be solidified within the next few weeks. As always, questions and comments are welcome, and I hope to see many of you in the upcoming CCIE Data Center – Unified Computing class at the end of the month!
In addition to releasing the new core knowledge simulation product, we’ve posted an update to IEWB-VO VOL1 (voice technology-focused labs). The updated content features screenshots for *all* GUI-related solutions (CCM, Unity, IPCCX etc). Due to this, the size of the workbook has grown considerably. And because of that, all customers now have the option to either download the workbook material as one large file, or by parts.
Of course, there are news for non-Voice students too!
1) For CCIE Security: The first Security VOL1 update is scheduled to be released by the end of March. You should expect to see Security VOL1 labs delivered in the format similar to our RS VOL1 V5.0 products – with challenging scenarios and thorough breakdowns (hey… anyone went through the *whole* RS VOL1 v5.0 QoS section?! ). As for SC VOL2, it should follow VOL1 shortly, with updates starting around 2nd week of April.
2) For CCIE R&S (most people’s favorite) We plan to release a part of RS VOL2 v5.0 labs (first 10 full-scale labs) pretty soon, in about a week or so (as they’re mostly finished by now). We’re also working on getting the remaining technology labs for IEWB-RS VOL1 (Multicast and BGP sections) done as well, and those should be expected late March/early April.