I am running this week's Voice Trivia Contest a bit early (launching it on Thursday instead of Friday) to try to give more people a chance to win that might not otherwise see this over the weekend, however we will still end the contest on Monday morning, as usual.
Here are the facts for this week's Voice Trivia Contest:
- Tobias has a phone on which he needs to be able to have two BLF SD buttons that accurately show the presence status of Gob, Buster and Lindsay's primary DNs. This needs to include status updates for when either Gob or Lindsay's primary DN is ringing, but not when Buster's primary DN rings.
- Gob, Buster and Lindsay's primary DNs are all in the same Partition.
- Tobias has a SUBSCRIBE Calling Search Space that contains that Partition all three phones' primary DNs are in.
- Tobias also needs to be able to view Call Lists (Missed Calls, Corporate Directory, etc.), but when he views them, he should only see the BLF status change for Lindsay's DN, and not for Gob or Buster's DNs.
- To aid in that, two Presence Groups have been setup. One for Tobias and Lindsay which have been assigned to both their Phone devices and their Lines. One for Gob and Buster, which have been assigned to both their Phone devices and their Lines. The Presence Groups both explicitly have Disallow Subscription to each other's group reciprocally.
- All is good with Tobias's BLF SDs on his phone display, and he can see all of their status changes appropriately - including seeing when Gob or Lindsay's DNs ring, but not Buster's.
- However, there is an issue. When he pulls up the Corporate Directory and searches for everyone, he sees BLF status updates for both Lindsay and Gob, but not for Buster. Remember that he should not see Gob's BLF status updates either.
So, your contest question for this weekend is this: What could the problem be that is causing Tobias to be able to see Gob's (but not Buster's) status in BLF Call Lists, when he shouldn't be able to see either of them?
As always, the winner of this contest will have their choice of any one of these items:
- $100USD Amazon Gift Card
- $100USD in GradedLabs Tokens (which is 6.5 Voice rack sessions!)
- $100USD worth of INE.com online store credit - which goes perfectly as a complement to your checkout cart containing INE's all new All Access Pass!
The way we will hold the contest is as follows:
- You must answer all questions correctly - this means that the solution provided must fully meet the requirement (i.e. If something else breaks, such as normal dialing, or digit appearance is not as requested, as a result of your answer - it will not be counted as a correct answer)
- You must submit your answers in the comments section of this post along with a valid email address to reach you for your prize (submissions emailed to INE will not be accepted)
- If there are multiple, correct respondents, then we will place all of the correct respondents names into an online randomizer - the modern day 'hat', if you will
- We will not allow any of the response comments to be seen here publicly until Monday morning when we choose the winner, so as not to give an unfair advantage to anyone
- Simply so that we may give a wide range of people chances to win these contests, we have decided that if you have won a previous Voice trivia contest here on this blog, you will only be eligible to be chosen as this contest winner if you happen to have submitted the only correct answer (so try and answer anyway!)
I'll be watching them over the next few days, and I will return on Monday to gather up the winners, choose a random name, and post all of the comments along with some of with my own replies and comments, and of course, the correct solution.
Update: We have a winner!
Hristos correctly identified that when a user has a Unified Mobility (SNR) shared line, that user will be the exception from the Presence Group properly working. In fact, depending on the restart iteration, the results can be a but undeterministic.
This was specifically demonstrated in one of our four new Voice Deep Dive modules - Unified Presence.