Brian Dennis and I attended Cisco Live! - Networkers this week, and both enjoyed the privilege of sitting down to talk privately with Yusuf Bhaiji (Program Manager over the entire CCIE program) and Ben Ng (Program Manager over the CCIE Voice track) for roughly 45 minutes. It was quite an enjoyable and spirited talk, and I believe it benefited both sides - our side to gain a better understanding of why some of the choices have been made, and theirs possibly to see things a bit more 'through the eyes of the typical hard-studying student'. I would like to take a moment to jot down some of the highlights from our conversation, and then unpack them in a bit more detail, so that you may benefit from the open conversation.
I'll jot down some very simple, high-level topics that were discussed during our conversation, and then unpack them in more detail in the following section.
- Upcoming changes to every CCIE Lab Exam
- Protecting the integrity of the CCIE certification
- Robust, matured results-based grading engine
- Heuristic logic embedded into task wording
- Accuracy and detail of lab score reports
- Cisco's CCIE Lab Delivery System and virtualization for mobile labs
- No re-reads
- CCIE Voice
- Next blueprint version expectation
- Topics for current and next blueprint versions
- CCIE Data Center
- CCIE Storage grows up
- Reason behind Cisco.com CCIE Statistics web page being removed