Microsoft Ignite is the largest, most comprehensive Microsoft technology event since it was launched in 1993, known then as TechEd. Each year Microsoft gathers the best and brightest to share ideas and announce exciting new ventures. 2019 was no exception.If you weren't able to join the festivities in Orlando, Florida this year, worry not. Azure Architect Solutions Expert Tracy Wallace provides the ultimate recap. Watch him cover all the important takeaways from the event, including the latest product announcements, certification updates, and buzz from the largest meeting of Microsoft professionals in the world.
Key Takeaways to Listen For
- The most interesting new Microsoft capabilities surrounding hybrid computing, including Azure Arc, Azure Stack, and Windows Admin Center.
- Microsoft Teams is an important component of Microsoft's cloud strategy and is increasingly integrated with Microsoft and other vendors.
- Microsoft continues to iterate container and open source support with many improvements to their support of Kubernetes in Azure and on-premises.
- Microsoft continues to evolve and democratize cognitive services by deeply integrating them with existing products, making it easier to develop cognitive and AI-based solutions with low-code/no-code environments.
- No major announcements were made regarding certifications. However, Microsoft released eight new role-based certifications across Azure, Office 365, and Dynamics 365, many of which were developer related.